v118 firmware released for Le Pan II

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
You can find the download for the new v118 firmware here. This is for the tc979 Le Pan II only
http://lepan.supportsync.com/articles/

Check your firmware version before downloading. The most recent shipments of Le Pan II tablets come pre -installed with v118 so there is no need for you to install this update. If you have had your tablet for a while check your version.
Go to:
Settings
About tablet
scroll down and check your baseband version. If you have v114 or v116 you will be able to upgrade.
Better wi fi and bluetooth performance are promised.

Here are simple instructions to help you install it:
http://www.forum.lepanlife.com/showthread.php?tid=664

Last edited:

harr840

Feb 22, 2012
Just performed the firmware update. Went very smoothly. Thanks for putting this out, now just waiting on ICS update.

naneb

Feb 26, 2012
I am having problems. I downloaded the update and followed instructions. After the reboot I get the message that E-signature failed and that I need to use the lock button to reboot. I do this and I am back at the old version. I has v114. Any ideas about how to fix this.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am having problems. I downloaded the update and followed instructions. After the reboot I get the message that E-signature failed and that I need to use the lock button to reboot. I do this and I am back at the old version. I has v114. Any ideas about how to fix this.

Make sure you got a good download (try and download again). Also not sure it it is Le Pan I or II but some people have problems if they don't use the SD card included by Le Pan.

naneb

Feb 26, 2012
I downloaded straight to the tablet and had problems. So, I tried downloading ta laptop and the loading to original sdcard. Still have the same result.. I will keep trying. Thanks

harr840

Feb 22, 2012
The update downloads as a WinRar file and must be extracted in order to be installed. I had to try a couple of times before I realized the need to extract the Rar file.

naneb

Feb 26, 2012
Now I feel stupid. I extracted the file and downloaded it to the sdcard. It worked perfectly. Thanks.

harr840

Feb 22, 2012
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing twice before I realized what should be done to update properly.

gmikemack

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for the info. I applied this update yesterday and it made a huge improvement with Wi-Fi connection issues I was having. On the first reboot after update, my tablet immediately found my connection while still in a locked state (I had never seen this before). Previously, on start up (or wake up), I almost always had to enter the Wi-Fi settings dialog prior getting a connection. Also once connected, everything screamed. Video from youtube, IMDB, Ted, etc... quick to start & no lag. Prior to the update, the wind had to be blowing just right between my router & tablet prior to getting results anywhere close to this.

p15cruiser

Jan 28, 2012
I'll join the stupid group. Thanks to the form, after a couple of failed attempts I extracted the file and everything worked perfectly. Looks like my wifi issues are a thing of the past.

coryrk

Feb 17, 2012
I just upgraded to v118. Wifi seems better but it still seems to get hung up. Bluetooth seemed to work. Will test more later. Still looking forward to ICS...