v972 New Firmware V1.35 Next week.

angeldangel

Jun 19, 2011
Greetings....
Have been using new V1.35 for the past few days with continued sluggishness and touch screen freezes.After sleeping and/or charging it often takes me 2 or 3 resets to get the touch working on the home screen...The touch is inaccurate and is sometimes off by half an inch, causing the NEXT icon in a row to be activated. There has been no appreciable improvement from my end at all.When it DOES work, it is QUICK!, but most of the time it DOESN'T. Ive turned off the sleep option to never sleep and have had success, but of course....the battery longevity suffers greatly.....This continues to be a most frustrating experience as I compare it to my Nexus 7. Someone in another forum suggested using the Apex launcher with excellent success, but I have had no such luck.....So...great hardware....and horrible firmware.It looks like I will have to wait and wait and wait until this machine works as advertised.

If anyone in this forum has any suggestions.....please send them to me...

Thanks

gizzmansl2

Mar 10, 2013
Greetings....
Have been using new V1.35 for the past few days with continued sluggishness and touch screen freezes.After sleeping and/or charging it often takes me 2 or 3 resets to get the touch working on the home screen...The touch is inaccurate and is sometimes off by half an inch, causing the NEXT icon in a row to be activated. There has been no appreciable improvement from my end at all.When it DOES work, it is QUICK!, but most of the time it DOESN'T. Ive turned off the sleep option to never sleep and have had success, but of course....the battery longevity suffers greatly.....This continues to be a most frustrating experience as I compare it to my Nexus 7. Someone in another forum suggested using the Apex launcher with excellent success, but I have had no such luck.....So...great hardware....and horrible firmware.It looks like I will have to wait and wait and wait until this machine works as advertised.

Thanks

I cant be of much help but i have experienced exacly the same issues and more, the firmware has a long way to go and it limits the cpu to run at 1ghz instead of 1.4ghz which is not on so i am currently applying for a refund for mine, not that benchmarks are a exact way of telling the power capabilities of a device but read these... (the onda, galaxy s2 & 3 were tested by me, the nexus was found online after comparing a few scores)

Antutu benchmark
S2 9749 (cpu freq. 1200mhz)
S3 14943 (cpu freq. 1400mhz)
Onda 10825 (cpu freq. 1008mhz)
Nexus 10 13750 (cpu freq. 1700mhz)

Geekbench
S2 1027
S3 1761
Onda 620
Nexus 10 2514

Now i know i cant compare the onda to a more expensive tab like the n10 but its just for example purposes but the s2 matches if not beats the onda most of the time which is bad. Im gravely disapointed in onda.

groundhogman

Mar 3, 2013
Greetings....

Thanks
Try using Supernova 3.1 by Steve Mars,A huge improvement more fluid and stable.

Feb 26, 2013
Greetings....

Thanks

How have you updated the Onda? With the PhoenixSuite Software? We recommend using the PhoenixSuite software and choosing the format option. Version 1.35 should cause no instabilities or issues.

Regards
TechBalloon365