Veiwing regular web sites,not mobile site, in browser.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I'm using the Org Galaxy Tab running android 2.3.5, stock browser.

When I open my browser and type in (example) Facebook.com, it redirects me to m.facebook.com. This seems to happen with the sites that I have a mobile app for, Wells Fargo, Amazon etc. Does any one know how to get to the actual web page:confused: that works like the ones on our PCs?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
android is basically mobile based os designed initially for phones. Maybe now, with honeycomb & ics the system will cater more for tablet users and provide such links. I think we'll have to wait and see how things develop. There are some apps out there but few and far between at the moment. I think it would be interesting if someone out there did some research & listed as many of these apps as they could find (useful apps anyway).

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
CLSmith said:
I'm using the Org Galaxy Tab running android 2.3.5, stock browser.

When I open my browser and type in (example) Facebook.com, it redirects me to m.facebook.com. This seems to happen with the sites that I have a mobile app for, Wells Fargo, Amazon etc. Does any one know how to get to the actual web page:confused: that works like the ones on our PCs?

I like the desktop version of certain sites myself especially when I am using an Andriod device with better than WVGA (480x800) resolution.

To view the desktop version of sites install Dolphin Browser HD and be careful how you answer the following two questions the first time you use it.

$TopHalfOfFavoriteSettings.JPG

The first time you use the Dolphin Browser HD make sure you set it up for "Flash Support" to be "Always on" and to "Perform as" a "Desktop" as in the above screen capture.

You might still end up at a few mobile sites but of the mobile sites I ended up at those sites gave me a link somewhere on the page to use their "Desktop" version.

And back to a Galaxy Tab that you mentioned in your post. Those things work great with a bluetooth mouse and I even used an 7" Org Galaxy tab for the above screen capture.

Last edited:

Marquis

Aug 22, 2011
Take a look at this guide.
It shows you how to change the Android browser or Dolphin browser to show desktop, not mobile versions of websites. The guide is for Android Honeycomb, but idea is the same.
Also, you can try Maxthon browser for Pad, it shows desktop versions of websites by default.

Hope this helps :)

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
Take a look at this guide.
It shows you how to change the Android browser or Dolphin browser to show desktop, not mobile versions of websites. The guide is for Android Honeycomb, but idea is the same.
Also, you can try Maxthon browser for Pad, it shows desktop versions of websites by default.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you for showing how to change Browsers into "Desktop mode" but neither the HC VTAB1008 or the GB VTAB1008 have the "User Agent String" so Vizio Tablet users are out of luck if we want our Android Browser to look like a "Desktop."

Last edited: