Velocity Micro Reveals Two Android ICS Tablets that Will Debut at CES

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Velocity-Micro-Cruz-Tabet-t507-t510.jpg

Velocity Micro is primarily known for various memory devices, especially flash memory, although they do build other products as well, including Android tablets. Apparently, they are continuing to branch out and broaden their horizons even further by adding a couple more Android devices to their lineup, and these will sport Ice Cream Sandwich. They recently revealed that they will be debuting the two Android 4.0/ICS tabs at CES this year. The specs will be pretty decent and their pricing should be fairly competitive as well. Here's a breakdown of the 7-Inch ICS tab, called the T507 (which is expected to sell for around $150):
  • Processor Cortex A8 at 1.2GHz
  • Mali 400MHz GPU
  • 8GB of RAM
  • A front camera
  • Android 4.0
  • Access to the Amazon app store
They will also have a 9.7-inch version of the tablet, called the Cruz T510, which has the same specifications, except for the larger screen. Do these look intriguing to you?

Source: SlashGear

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Except the lack of Google services, they're interesting. Most people don't want the hassle of hacking it on there, even if it doesn't require rooting. You still need a version of Google apps that will work properly with your device.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I have to agree.
Lack of Google Apps and no guarantee of ongoing support is what soured me on "off brands".
ICS is all well and good and reads really great in the marketing info, but the proof of the pudding with Android tablets comes AFTER the sale.

-and is access to Amazon App Store all that big a deal? Anyone can have the app emailed to you from Amazon!

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
i like the looks of the 9.7inch. I am a real fan of that size but I dont want an Ipad.
The HP touchpad has all but died. The only other option in the Lepan tablet unless you are willing to look at the off brands out of China.
I hope that more tablets in the future use the 9.7 inch screen.