Vertical red line on screen

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
OK, just thought I would ask although I think I already know the answer. Dropped my 7022 the other day, not a big fall, but now I have a red lin through the middle of the screen. Any hope this can/will go away or is the screen ruined (I am pretty sure the screen is physically damaged). It is still useable and the touch function is not effected. It is barely visable when a pure white background is used. This tablet is mostly me travel e-reader so that job is practially un-effected. Any advice?

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
It is possible the screen is damaged. It is also possible the cable has become offset inside the pad. Although usually that results in the line flickering or even the whole screen occasionally flickering. At this point if you felt comfortable opening it up you could check. Otherwise it doesn't sound too bad.
Now as it happens I have a bricked 7022 that I know the LCD is good on. Where are you located?

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
I am inOntario, Canada. How does the backside come off? I am not afraid to open, warranty is voided by the root anyways.

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
You should be able to flash back to stock ROM to return for repair.

Sent from my Steev Alldro2 v1.3 MID7024

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I am inOntario, Canada. How does the backside come off? I am not afraid to open, warranty is voided by the root anyways.

Never done it to Canada, but normally I will have somebody ship me a small box with a prepaid return label. I think If i shipped it direct it would be about $16 US. I don't want anything for the LCD.

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Never done it to Canada, but normally I will have somebody ship me a small box with a prepaid return label. I think If i shipped it direct it would be about $16 US. I don't want anything for the LCD.

I will PM you when ready, I'm thinking a postal money order would be the best/easiest way to do it.