Very annoying speaker crackle.

jpmi23

May 3, 2011
Hi all. (I searched, but found nothing for the EX7.) Just wondering if anyone has experienced, or (hopefully) found a fix for a crackling speaker? I noticed it happening almost immediately after opening the box and firing it up. Anyone have similar experiences or know a fix? I'll take it back to CVS and exchange it, but was hoping someone had some sort of info.

Thanks in advance.

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
Hi all. (I searched, but found nothing for the EX7.) Just wondering if anyone has experienced, or (hopefully) found a fix for a crackling speaker? I noticed it happening almost immediately after opening the box and firing it up. Anyone have similar experiences or know a fix? I'll take it back to CVS and exchange it, but was hoping someone had some sort of info.

Thanks in advance.

I've got one Sylvania tablet that crackles and one that doesn't. You might luck out if you exchange it. Some other android tablets have the same problem and there isn't a solution. Chuck

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has experienced, or (hopefully) found a fix for a crackling speaker?

Yes, very annoying but it seems better after upgrading to 2.2 however, I doubt this is really true because it's probably a design issue. As seen in this internal photo from the FCC Filing 'XJN-SYPID7901' the antenna grey wire (outlined in Red) is near the speaker.

$rt2870.JPG$rt2870wire.JPG

It may be possible to relocate the wire to eliminate or reduce the crackling which seems louder when WiFi is in use.

Last edited:

jpmi23

May 3, 2011
Alright. Maybe I'll take the gamble and exchange it. It drives me nuts! To the point that my fix... is to plug in the headphone adapter. LOL!