Very poor experience with ipadalternative - AVOID

fj_

Dec 12, 2012
I wanted to post my experience of dealing with these guys just in case anyone's contemplating ordering from them as things have been less than satisfactory despite their claim of offering excellent customer service which, incidentally, was the reason I originally ordered from them.

I originally asked them to pricematch merimobiles, it was only a few pounds cheaper, I had a bit of hassle in getting them to arrange the pricematch ("why don't you order from them then") but they agreed to match the price.

I recieved the tablet reasonably quickly, within a couple of weeks but then the problems started. The screen kept on flashing and the tablet would turn itself on, there was also some sort of problem with the battery as it would show as fully charged then drop to 20% off within the space of ten minutes or so.

I contacted them on the website and they gave a couple of suggestions like doing a factory reset etc which didn't make a difference so they asked me to send it back to them for a refund. I sent it back, tracked, at my own expense and opened a paypal dispute at the same time as I didn't want to run out of time to lodge a claim before things got started.

I have since tried to get the refund from them but they say their paypal account is blocked and they can't process the refund as several other people have got claims outstanding against them. They've told me multiple times to cancel the claim and they will refund me but i'm not keen on doing this because I'll have no recourse if they don't actually refund me after cancelling the paypal claim.

I've attached a transcript of my webchat with them if anyone is interested in seeing their response. It should be noted that they state that they have refunded me on their system but I have not actually recieved a refund via paypal because they tell me their account is blocked.

Very suspicious activity if you ask me.

If you'd like to see a transcript of my webchat see here: Very poor experience with ipad alternative - AVOID | VonDroid

macthecat

May 16, 2012
I'm sorry to say that this mirrors my experience of Ipadalterative.com, you only have to look on their forum at the number of complaints & refund requests (most of which are taken down after acouple of days) or read the online reviews to see what they are all about; a flash site, promises of excellent service but they consistantly fail to deliver.

I agree with FJ avoid!!!

Last edited: