VIA WM8850-MID Constantly Locks Up

JSeahoff

Oct 25, 2013
I am more of a pc guy, tablets are new to me.
So far I have figured out that I should update the firmware, root it.
And try to Upgrade from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean if posible.
I am a little confused about the terms, information about this is often sparce and convoluted.
It seems every one has their own way of doing things.
But it sounds like I need to flash, burn and unbrick this thing.
I am hopeing there is someone who is familiar with this plague of constant lockups.
And help me find a way to fix it.
so far I know it is not rooted.
And the firmware has not been updated.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello JSeahoff, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your WM8850. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android.

Rooting your tablet will not fix the problems you're having, all it will do is give you access to parts of the Android OS that you currently don't have.

If these "constant lockups" are a recent occurrence and the tablet was working properly before, I'd suggest you try doing a factory reset before trying an update of the OS.

Whether you decide to reset or update, I'm moving your thread to the WonderMedia Based forum so the folks familiar with that tablet can discuss your problem with you and hopefully make some suggestions. That's the place to ask about a replacement OS or how to reset your tablet. Good luck!

BTW If you decide to try a reset, you might want to see if any of the methods discussed here works for your tablet: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html