[VIDEO] Asus Eee Pad Transformer Vs. iPad 2

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
He's an Apple fan boy but gives props to Transformer. I mean ASUS wins in screen but iPad wins in Apps. Android will catch up in a years time and all will be well.

jodypress

Apr 29, 2011
I thought it was a pretty fair review tbh. Especially as he is a self confessed Apple fan.
I'm am Apple fan and have been using Macs since the Classic. I've get an HTC Desire and now an Eeepad. It's the flexibility with Android I love.

rkirmeier

May 9, 2011
I was disappointed that he didn't give any mention to the HUGE advantage of the extra battery in the dock. Developers will come on board as more and more Android tablets are sold. As ASUS ramps up production to meet demand, the Samsung 8.9/10.1 get released soon, and other quality tablets coming to the market it shouldn't take long for Honeycomb tablets to be competitive in apps.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Great vid. I was never really impressed with iOS only due to the restrictions placed by Apple. Same reason I don't use Apple anymore. Great company and products, just too controlling. I think he was honest and that the Asus transformer wow'd him. It made me want one even more! I had saved up money for the unit and keyboard but then the transmission on my car went out! Hopefully by the time I get one there will be more development in apps and accessories!

jacolumbus

May 24, 2011
pretty good review - didnt seem biased even though he admits to be an ifanboy. It sounds like the EEE pad won according to his scoring. Glad I just got mine today, finally!! :)

bjblackmore

Jun 5, 2011
I tried an iPad2 before getting the Asus Transformer, and my 2 major gripes were:
1) had to plug it into a PC and sync with iTunes before even turning it on..why? What if you don't own a PC/Mac r have iTunes installed!
2) Had to enter credit card information into the Apple Market Place before you could download any Apps, even free ones! Why should you give them your credit card details if you are only going to intall the free Apps!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Watched this review before ordering the transformer,
Have had the iPad 2 since release date but the trill of using it went,
The ease of using iOS is great but now with honeycomb giving a much better UI the only thing the iPad has now to boost about is apps,
But then again android has the most free apps compared to the app store,
I'll get the transformer delivered this week some time so will see how it goes,
Anyone know if I can connect the transformer to a mac...