Video calls on the Vtab

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I did a video call today at work with all of the lights on in my office. My image still shows as dark with red hues like the camera isn't pulling in much light. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Phelanevans

Sep 28, 2011
The cam is not high quality by any means, and Oovoo is rather buggy, I've found uplighting your face and having the tab at head height, while not having anything too bright in the rear works best the autocontrasting really sucks on bright days. Do you get the same issues with the camera app?

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Do you get the same issues with the camera app?
I was playing around, "filming" myself with my VTAB the other night, just to see how I might look on the other end of a video call. In a word: Horrible. Now I won't claim I'm the best photographic subject matter one might want, but the camera on this tablet... well, let's just say that if I'd bought it for that functionality, I'd be pretty damn unhappy. Not good, except in the best of light, and then only if you're not too brightly backlit.

Jim

DBNita

Oct 4, 2011
I am able to get Skype downloaded from the Market to work, but the window shows my picture sideways and the person recieving my video sees it sideways as well. I emailed Vizio support about this Skype issue and this is the response I got:
"VIZIO is aware of this issue with the current version of Skype that is on the market and we are hoping to have an update to the tablet soon that will resolve this issue. In the meantime "ooVoo" is the recommended application for video chat purposes until this is corrected."
deb

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Oovoo does work on my Vtab but I think the limiting factor is the camera quality and no menus to change any settings