Video calls with LePan TC970

kamora187

Dec 7, 2011
hello,
I am new to the site and was not able to find any info on video calls with the TC970, I see mention of people doing it but I have tried and cannot get it to work with skype, oovoo or Tango. I have upgraded the firmware and still nothing. When I attempt a video call the audio is a total mess just loud noises and no voices as all just sounds like feedback. There is zero video when attempting the call. I have tried this on two different TC970s as I also purchased one for my parents and the same exact thing happens. I was hoping someone out there might have some ideas as to getting this to work, do I need another app for this or is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? Is this working for anyone?

Thank you!

Travis

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Travis,

Welcome to the board, glad you joined us. Sorry you're having trouble with making video calls on your tablet, we do have a LePan forum recently added, so maybe one of the mods can move this there and one of the other owners of this device can offer some help. What kind of connection do you have? Cable? DSL? Satellite? I am sure you're using wifi, but what is the wifi running off of? Can you video chat on your desktop/laptop computer on this internet connection? That would be my first thought. That maybe it's not able to send all the information it's trying to and gets jumbled up into static.

kamora187

Dec 7, 2011
Hi Pamster,
I have two networks, one DSL (6m) and one Cable (12m) both work great with Skype and my pc. Thanks for pointing out the Lepan forum, I will try to move this over there.
Thanks!!
Travis