video camera after 3.2 update

geexyana

Oct 4, 2011
i just recently updated to 3.2. i was using the video app using the back camera. i played the video but there wasnt any audio playback. the frontfacing camera worked fine and had audio. i wanted to check if anyone else is having this issue. any advice would help. thanks!

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
Tried it and front video camera has good sound, the back one has sound, but of lesser quality.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

baldbear

Apr 28, 2011
Tried it and front video camera has good sound, the back one has sound, but of lesser quality.

The mic is on the front, that's why the back camera has weaker sound recording.

geexyana

Oct 4, 2011
No sound whatsoever on mine. It's just static noise. Can't really do much right now since no root for 3.2 yet. Can anyone help me? I think it has to do w/ the netflix patch that I did prior to updating...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Do you have a case on the Tablet? Most cases don't have a hole for the mic (neither front or back mic), so it always is worse with a case on.
Second, the mics are designed to work in free-air, not on a desk, or up against something.
The back mic is for noise cancelling, and it listens for Echos and tries to kill them.

Try with Dobly on and then again with Dolby off, see if one or the other helps.
The mics in this device are far from the best, but I haven't seen any change in their performance since 3.2.

I did find out that with 3.2, the storage destination (internal vs external_SD) is individually select-able for each camera. (Why? No clue).

laguss4

Oct 4, 2011
I tried it on my A500 and also had no sound whatsoever...then the lightbulb went off...lol...the volume was all the way down! Just turned up the volume and now it works! :)