Video Chat Apps or Webcam?

faerieserene

May 6, 2012
Hi folks. I have an AcerA200 tablet with a front camera. I downloaded the manual for my product to look for video chat/webcam capability. Seems there's nothing built in. Weird if you ask me. I've tried several video chat apps with no success. Skype, Fring, Yahoo messenger, Google plus...nothing seems to work. So I was wondering if anyone has tried hooking up a USB webcam to their tablet? Have you had any success? If so, which one did you buy? I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

faerieserene

May 6, 2012
So to answer my own question I bought the Logitech c110m Webcam. As all the other webcams I looked at, your tablet must support a version of windows. Windows XP (SP 2 or higher), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit). Part of the purpose to getting a tablet was to use it with web chats. Next time I will know better and do much more research, download manuals, whatever I need to do so I don't make this mistake again. Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem and looking for an answer that just isn't there. ;)

kalebk07

Apr 1, 2012
I use Skype and Tango with my Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus and have no problems. When I used Skype however, I had to google how to make Skype recognize my front facing camera. Hope this helps!!!

Aadamgibson

May 16, 2012
I use” TokBox” video app for video chat, “TokBox “is Web-based video chat application and Supports all platforms.