Video conferencing app

Discussion in 'Huawei Ideos S7 Apps and Games' started by movadoevo8, Dec 30, 2010.

1. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 Member

Tablet / Device:
    S7
    Hey guys is there any Video Conferencing app right now that we can install that works?

I tried Fring, but does not seem to work... Just wondering why we have a front facing camera if we can't seem to use it unless we want to take a pic of ourselves which i don't think i would since its only 2.0 MP..

2. JustDroid

JustDroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei Ideos S7 tablet
    Install the new overclock kernel. Then Fring will work. I would imagine some of the other video apps would work as well.
    Downside to this is that it disables the ability to use the rear facing camera, but I haven't found anything else that doesn't work with that kernel, yet.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. sopranosv

sopranosv Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    Well, if the front camera is disabled, then you loose the conferencing idea...

4. JustDroid

JustDroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei Ideos S7 tablet
    I didn't say that it disables the front camera. It is the rear facing camera that is disabled with this new kernel.

5. ucandog

ucandog Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet
    Where can i find the overclock kernal? Skype announced in the spring of 2010 that they would be releasing video on their app for android but when i contacted them last month, they were totally vague and said they weren't sure. anyone know anything else on this issue? I really want to video conference when i am in wifi zones.

6. JustDroid

JustDroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei Ideos S7 tablet
  7. probbiethe1

probbiethe1 Super Moderator Staff Member

has anyone tried oovoo? it is a desktop client video chat software and there is a beta app in the market now. I tried it on my m701r and i was able to make a call to my desktop and on the tablet i could see my face from the tablet camera but the desktop didnt show anything. Just thought i would share my experience with it. hopefully others will try and let us know how it works for them. and if someone else trys it on their m701r and getting it working right please let me know how you did it