Video Issues: SD Card and Software, 64 GB SD Card and Mobovideo Player

Polyhive

Mar 28, 2013
Looking for some help please.

On my external card the videos can be seen most with an icon showing. I have installed Mobo as it is recommended as a good player of various types of file but... even with the codec package installed there are still failures, roughly 35% do no work.

Any suggestions as to how best to format the files to ensure best playability?

Thanks

PH

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In answer to your specific question, MP4 is the most reliable format around.

Polyhive

Mar 28, 2013
In answer to your specific question, MP4 is the most reliable format around.

Indeed yes, and after converting to MP4 I am still getting the same failure rate which seems odd to say the least, can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

PH

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Wondering what conversion parameter you selected for the conversion. MP4 is only a container for the original file, maybe a different conversion? Do they play OK on internal memory?

D

dvdcatalyst

Looking for some help please.

On my external card the videos can be seen most with an icon showing. I have installed Mobo as it is recommended as a good player of various types of file but... even with the codec package installed there are still failures, roughly 35% do no work.

Any suggestions as to how best to format the files to ensure best playability?

Thanks

PH

Hi PH,

Based on your description, it is likely an issue with your memory card.

If you copy the same videos that are not working from your computer over to your tablets internal memory, do they play then?
Or,
Format the card, and copy the videos over again, and see if the issues remain.

I ran into something identical to what you are going through with a 64GB card. For me, I noticed that the files copied over slower than usual, even though the card I had was supposedly faster (class 10 vs a class 4). After copying 40 tv episodes, half of them worked and half of them didn't. The same files worked fine when played on my computer or when copied over to internal memory.
Formatting the card and copying the same videos from pc to card again resulted in the same issue, but some files that worked before no longer worked, and ones that didn't now worked.