Video:My vtab1008 after Honeycomb update.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Did you try to close the ad by clicking the x before going to history? (Those pop up ads can be almost impossible to close sometimes and not just on the Vizio).

Does the latest Flash actually remove the ad or does the pop up ad just behave differently with the new Flash? Most people would actually prefer those pop up ads went away so I see that as an advantage. As stated above pops just don't work on tablets anyway and they are simply awful on pcs too. Hopefully the new Flash and the new browser are handling the pop ups in a way that makes sense for tablets so you don't get the issue of the pop up ad overwriting the screen. Pop ups are one of my biggest issues with browsing on a tablet. Depending on the browser you can get pop up blocking ad extensions as well to prevent the issue.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
J515OP said:
Did you try to close the ad by clicking the x before going to history? (Those pop up ads can be almost impossible to close sometimes and not just on the Vizio).

Does the latest Flash actually remove the ad or does the pop up ad just behave differently with the new Flash?

1. Yes I tried that and you have to remember with the HC VTAB you have to keep tapping off of a flash player object to get the flash player to see a second tap so it is extra hard to do some things now.

2. It isn't really a pop up add but a great big banner add and youtube is not using one right now for some reason. And even though the latest flash player removes the banner add it also leaves a great big area of the page with nothing on it.

I never saw a real good reason to root an Android device before but after seeing how Visio has messed up their HC tablets with an outdated flash player and plauged their GB tablets with "required update messages" I wish I had rooted my VTAB when I still could.

Last edited:

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
I found the latest flash pm me and I'll email it to you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk