Video of Hulu working on the Coby Kyros 7022!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Unfortunately you have to be rooted to install this but rooting isn't difficult though. You can view nonHuluPlus videos and HuluPlus videos but you have to a HuluPlus account for the HuluPlus videos(obviously haha). I have a guide on the forum on how to root and if your having problems, I'll help the best way I can.
Oh forgot to mention. Will post files and instructions upon request.

Last edited by a moderator:

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
Please post directions when you have time. I'm dying to root this thing! I think the battery life would improve if some of the cellphone related apks were renamed (some think it's placebo, but all I can say is my Nook Color did gain some more life from it)

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I've got a non root way just a modded apk directions are here
http://www.AndroidTablets.net/forum/huawei-ideos-s7-technical/16243-working-hulu.html

-brendon

Normally you wouldn't need root but hulu is up on every flash release so that means a modified flash will apk only work so long. I have a modified library file that you paste in the adobe directory. Cool thing about that is you can install the latest adobe file from market and just paste it in the data directory. That's why you need root. You can watch hulu in the browser but the hulu apk I use works with no lag. I didn't create these files just tried it on my tablet.
Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Please post directions when you have time. I'm dying to root this thing! I think the battery life would improve if some of the cellphone related apks were renamed (some think it's placebo, but all I can say is my Nook Color did gain some more life from it)

Have you installed clockwork recovery yet? If so root is just two steps away.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Indeed I have :)
Go to the market and install Superuser(it's free). For some reason the zip file that Superuser gives doesn't work at least it didn't for me so once you install superuser reboot into recovery and flash(install zip from sdcard) the following zip file. Reboot. You will be rooted.

Attachments

• $su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip
    289.8 KB · Views: 514

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
Go to the market and install Superuser(it's free). For some reason the zip file that Superuser gives doesn't work at least it didn't for me so once you install superuser reboot into recovery and flash(install zip from sdcard) the following zip file. Reboot. You will be rooted.

That's hilarious -- I was getting desperate and actually DID install SuperUser this weekend, and like you was unsurprised that it didn't work. Then I thought, what if I flashed that updated su? Then I thought naaaah.....

I'll give it a whirl and report back!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Sick upload files

-brendon
This zip contains two files. One is the hulu app and the other is the libflashplayer.so file. Go download the latest adobe flash player from the market. Install the Hulu apk. To do the next step, you will need a file manager that allows access to system files. I personally bought root explorer(3.99) which I think will be needed for this tablet. There are other free file managers that will allow access to system files but root explorer worked for me. If you don't want to buy root explorer, purchase it and then after this procedure, which only takes about 2 minutes, get a refund. Copy the libflashplayer.so file and paste in the data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/ folder.This folder is in the root directory of your tablet not your sdcard. There will be a file libflasherplayer.so present so just overwrite the current file with the one from the zip file. You can reboot to be on the safe side even though I didn't. If it doesn't work then just reboot and try to access hulu again. This will give you hulu through the browser or the application that I gave you. The application I gave you doesn't do HD but it doesn't lag either which I found the browser version to do from time to time. Maybe when I figure out how to build a kernel for this tablet and overclock it, the browser version won't lag.

Attachments

• $Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 603
Last edited:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
That's hilarious -- I was getting desperate and actually DID install SuperUser this weekend, and like you was unsurprised that it didn't work. Then I thought, what if I flashed that updated su? Then I thought naaaah.....

I'll give it a whirl and report back!
For some reason unbeknownst to me the zip file that Superuser wrote to my sd card didn't work(it was empty). So I researched the file and found that one and it worked. Hope you get the same success.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
For some reason unbeknownst to me the zip file that Superuser wrote to my sd card didn't work(it was empty). So I researched the file and found that one and it worked. Hope you get the same success.

You're the man! It does work. Was able to DL SuperManager, enabled root function, mounted system as R/W, and successfuly disabled cell functionality. It's no longer showing up as using 70% under battery info. Will be interesting to see if this will significantly lengthen battery life....

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
You're the man! It does work. Was able to DL SuperManager, enabled root function, mounted system as R/W, and successfuly disabled cell functionality. It's no longer showing up as using 70% under battery info. Will be interesting to see if this will significantly lengthen battery life....

Glaeken what process did you use to root? Just wondered if the stock recovery worked for any one else because it didn't work for me.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
Glaeken what process did you use to root? Just wondered if the stock recovery worked for any one else because it didn't work for me.

I was never able to access stock recovery in the way that everyone else has claimed (power & back during boot). That only got me an Android with an exclamation mark that forced me to do a hard reset.

I was able to access stock recovery by choosing Upgrade within Settings, then choosing SDCard, and then hitting Back when faced with the inevitable Android/exclamation mark.

In the end I had to replace it using ADB. Once CWM was on there, the rest went exactly according to your instructions.