Video play on Honeycomb

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
I tried to play an MP4 for the first time on my NC today through doubletwist. The movie file was VERY low quality and well within the resolution size constraints the NC has. Any clue as to why this isn't working? Thanks for the help ahead of time.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Honeycomb is not ready for many things (the HC we have for the NC is built from a preview emulator) It is missing quite a bit, and that is why we try to dissuade people from installing it internally. It is fun to play with, but not really functional for most things that we want on a daily basis.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
In your opinion, which is best? Is Froyo at least able to see all the apps on the Android market (something I don't have the luxury of having atm)?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Right now there are a few good options for Froyo (and Gingerbread), the latest Ultimate Droid, the latest CM7, Phiremod Beta 2, Phiremod 5.2/5.3 (there may be some issues between the versions so one might work better than the other), Nookie Froyo and Nookie Comb (gives you some nice HC like features). Just check out the technical section for threads about each of these ROMs.