Video players

Kasper

May 24, 2011
Hi guys

Any reccommendations as to the best (widest codec range etc) video player apps to use.

HD87

May 14, 2011
MoboPlayer
RockPlayer Lite
QQPlayer
Moai FLV Player
RealPlayer

are all very useful

Maddmatt

May 26, 2011
Mobo Player is great, handles a big enough variety of video formats that you should hardly ever need to bother with conversion.

What I don't like though is that it can't automatically pick up videos from the media library. You have to manually designate folders and manually refresh the app ever time you start it up after you added videos.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I have had issues with MoboPlayer on my A500. Personally, I recommend BuzzPlayer (purchased from market) or VitalPlayer (free version should work fine).

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
I'd also recommend Buzz Player. It can also steam from upnp and smb shares. Their tech support is also fantastic.

acsere

May 4, 2011
Ihave tried almost every video player I could find, the only one that works for me is moboplayer.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Buzz does, don't know about Mobo.

Im just adding on to the quoted post.
BuzzPlayer recently released a few updates and the MKV support seems to have improved a lot. From my tests, the MKVs seem to play very well now and audio and video are in sync now (which was an issue before).
I highly recommend buying the full version of Buzzplayer.

Vitalplayer also supports MKV, but audio and video is out of sync.

kellykasia

Jul 6, 2011
I want to download the mobo player for an acer a500 iconia tab. there are like 7 different codec package links. anyone know which one i should down load?

thanks for your help

kierandill

Feb 8, 2011
I didn't download any and it works fine.
That said, the new Honeycomb 3.1 can now play files it couldn't before, including the ones I have that made me download mobo to begin with.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Was 3.1 supposed to add wmv support? I tried playing some, although they were digital copies I put on my PC. I'm betting if I rip them with handbrake I should be able to play them, correct? They won't stream with clearfi either though.

Last edited: