Video problem with skype on Iconia 500 Tablet

Burger2go

Feb 12, 2012
Hello...

we just purchased 2 Iconia 500 tablets from same location, same day.
When using with skype, the video on one works perfectly as expected.

One the other ....
The video showing for the person skyping with at first fills the screen as expected, but within 30 seconds or so, the image gets overlayed in the center of the screen with the same image of the person skyping with, only it is shrunk down about a 2 inch by 4 inch rectanglee in the middle of the screen, on top of the orginal image... kind of like pic in pic. The other tablet does not do the same thing at all.

I called Acer and their suggestion was to remove skype, reset the tablet to factory settings and then reload skype again. They felt is is a software issue, but my reasoning says if it works on one but notht eother both using the same software, then it must be something different. Reluctantly after 2 days of setting up the tablet, I did the reset and it made no difference Grrrrrr!

Has anyone experienced this before and if so what did you do about it it? Were you able to resolve the issue?

Just as a note: there is a Skype discussion forum specially for the Iconia 500 Tablet, but when I registered there, (its actually a Skype forum), there was no way to to actually post a new question that I could find.

So, hopefully, there is someone here who can help with this.

Many thanks in advance.

Burger2go

Last edited: