Viewing PDF Files

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah I got the full version of DOCS TO GO but it doesn't impress me at all. I still prefer adobe Reader - the latest update now includes thr feature of bookmarks which it didn't before. I apologise for misunderstanding.

As for ALDIKO, in general its quite good. However, I have been able to lock my screen at landscape and viewed it like that. Some apps don't like it.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I apologise for misunderstanding.

No worries :)

Yeah I got the full version of DOCS TO GO but it doesn't impress me at all. I still prefer adobe Reader - the latest update now includes thr feature of bookmarks which it didn't before.

As for ALDIKO, in general its quite good. However, I have been able to lock my screen at landscape and viewed it like that. Some apps don't like it.

Docs To Go doesn't impress me either, and they want a whopping $14.99 for it!! I almost got Adobe Reader to try, but remembered what a hog it was on my laptop before uninstalling it, so I was reluctant to get it. It's good it has the bookmark feature though.

I do really like the search feature in Aldiko. It's great to be able to search so many places with so many categories. I could also lock my tablet in landscape mode while reading pdf books, but my point was, the text is so darn small reading pdf books and when it's enlarged, it won't scroll smoothly, and it has to be set back to default size to be able to turn the page. Very annoying to me.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
No worries :)

Docs To Go doesn't impress me either, and they want a whopping $14.99 for it!! I almost got Adobe Reader to try, but remembered what a hog it was on my laptop before uninstalling it, so I was reluctant to get it. It's good it has the bookmark feature though.

I do really like the search feature in Aldiko. It's great to be able to search so many places with so many categories. I could also lock my tablet in landscape mode while reading pdf books, but my point was, the text is so darn small reading pdf books and when it's enlarged, it won't scroll smoothly, and it has to be set back to default size to be able to turn the page. Very annoying to me.

I agree with you on the scrolling issue in pdf. It doesn't scroll well at all.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I agree with you on the scrolling issue in pdf. It doesn't scroll well at all.

That's why I fell in love with Mantano Reader. Now I don't mind reading pdf books at all. Before I found Mantano, I tried converting a few pdf books to epub, but it didn't work well at all. The formatting was messed up enough that took a lot of enjoyment out of them.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
That's why I fell in love with Mantano Reader. Now I don't mind reading pdf books at all. Before I found Mantano, I tried converting a few pdf books to epub, but it didn't work well at all. The formatting was messed up enough that took a lot of enjoyment out of them.
Yeah sfter the 2nd latest update Adobe Reader, the interface has really changed and looks a lot better. It has got great new features - I used it on the weekend and thought I was using another app.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Yeah sfter the 2nd latest update Adobe Reader, the interface has really changed and looks a lot better. It has got great new features - I used it on the weekend and thought I was using another app.

Well, this is good to know Douvie. It's nice when the apps improve so much like that. I just might have to take a look at it.

chrispysaid

Sep 15, 2012
Just read through this thread and tried all of the suggestions listed. Unfortunately, none of them - and no other apps I've found yet - do what I need to do. I use my tablet for chord charts for leading worship at my church, and when I download all the pdf's for that weekend using the planning client we use, it clumps all the individual pdf's of each song into one pdf with multiple pages. The problem is that sonetimes there is more than one version of the same song, or it's in a different key than I need, and I need to be able to delete individual pages from a pdf file to resolve this issue. My macbook has no problem with this...windows computers and my android devices are unable to accomplish it. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just read through this thread and tried all of the suggestions listed. Unfortunately, none of them - and no other apps I've found yet - do what I need to do. I use my tablet for chord charts for leading worship at my church, and when I download all the pdf's for that weekend using the planning client we use, it clumps all the individual pdf's of each song into one pdf with multiple pages. The problem is that sonetimes there is more than one version of the same song, or it's in a different key than I need, and I need to be able to delete individual pages from a pdf file to resolve this issue. My macbook has no problem with this...windows computers and my android devices are unable to accomplish it. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!

You'll need Adobe Writer to do that. Basically you're editing a PDF which cannot be done with a reader (like the adobe reader). The other option is to reconfigure the planning client so it gives you the same thing in multiple PDFs rather than one PDF. But you'll need to do it on a PC then copy the exported files to the tablet.