Viewpad 10 doesn't work with 4GB RAM PC3-10600 SODIMM

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
Any ideas?

I tried upgrading my RAM to 4GB (PC3-10600 1333Hz) and the tablet would not boot up. The battery LED kept flashing.

I will try 2 GB next week.

But after looking at newegg.com i see so many PC3-10600 stated as system specific. So does this mean that even if I get a 2GB stick not all PC3-10600 will work with the Viewpad?

What originally came out of the Viewpad was a Samsung stick. I put in a Corsair stick.

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
I think the specs say it only supports up to 2GB of RAM.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
Not allowed to upgrade much in a tablet... they make it difficult, that's for sure. But it's possible if you try.

Yeah, I found the specs AFTER i bought the RAM.

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
Nope, it's a regular PC3-10600 SODIMM and clips in like laptop RAM DIMM. I bought the 4GB thinking there'd be no problem but after purchasing I found on google the max is 2GB.

The only tricky thing is to get the RAM out. It is under the main motherboard. So if you take the back panel of the Viewpad off, the RAM is under the board (closest to the screen). You have to take the SSD out first, and a couple ribbon cables to make it easy. The ribbon cables are easy to take off and put back on (unlike some of the Sony or Panasonic stuff).

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Have you gotten it to work with 2 gigabytes???

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
If I had the G-tab, I would've opened it myself, just to look.

Otherwise, the upgrade is not hard. Unscrew all the case screws and remove the back. Remove all the motherboard screws and SSD. Unseat the ribbon cables. Don't worry, they are really easy to put back in place. The RAM sits between the circuit board and the screen, so you have to lift the motherboard a bit to get the DIMM out, but it is like a laptop DIMM so you just need to release the clips and insert the new RAM. Firmly press the RAM in, DON'T PUSH!! Put everything back together again. While you are inside the device, maybe remove the 3G reader and put in a SD card reader, or a USB stick soldered to a small USB hub wired to the onboard USB slot (just a modding suggestion).

gierso

Apr 16, 2011
We gtablet owners just have to ssolder :)

Im an electronis engineer good at hand soldering some surface soldering stuff

Does some know if soldering same kind of memory chips will make it to recognize the memory right away??? sorry for the half-offtopic i yet have to open mine :p

Sent from my GTablet using Tapatalk