Viewpad 10 has consume battery more than 70% with android 2.2 (need help)

schneide

Jun 9, 2011
I'm sorry that my English is not good.

Last 1 week, I downloaded the update file of android 2.2.1-4 from the site of www.viewsonic.com and upgraded it in my Viewpad 10 (no 3G). When I open and use the android 2.2, I can use only 200 minutes. After that I open the battery usage and found that the battery consume the program of radio phone about 70%. How can I close the function of the radio phone? Especially, I had downloaded the power control applicatioin and used the flight mode. The power consumion of radio phone is still happen and I cannot shotdown the data transfer function of 2G-3G also.

My viewpad does not have the dial phone program.
My Viewpad spec: Atom 1.6, RAM 1 GB, SSD 16 GB, no sim gard slot, no 3 G option.

Last edited:

beastman

May 8, 2011
Your English is good. I rooted my tablet and put cyanogenmod 7 on which is Android 2.3.4. Battery is 8 to 10th hours. Screen brightness might be part of the problem. Look for a program called mysettings. Not sure if it requires root.
Turn bluetooth off unless you are using it. Turn off. Wifi if you are not using it (if you are reading a book on your memory or watching a movie from memory, sdcard, or usb thumb drive.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

schneide

Jun 9, 2011
I had turn the bluetooth and wifi off, and also used the airplane mode and the lowest Screen Brightness. However, the cell standby still consume the power about 80% as shown in Fig.

$Picture 002.jpg$Picture 003.jpg

How can I close the cell standby or reduce this consumsion below 30%? Because I don't have 3G and sim card in my Viewpad 10.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Another reason to root your gtablet! Search for Bishop of Technology and follow his excellent howto. I am running Cyanogenmod 7 nightly which is Android 2.3.4 but I recommend the stable version.

Along with much improved battery life, you'll also gain the "real" android market.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

schneide

Jun 9, 2011
I confuse some thing. My tablet is Viewpad 10, which uses the cpu of Intel Atom 1.66 GHz and dual OS Win 7 and android , but the G tablet is ARM cortex. The cpu are different. Is it possible that the Intel Atom can root to Cyanogenmod 7 nightly?