Viewpad 10S External GPS?

tjrayner

May 12, 2011
I've just purchased the Viewpad 10S non 3G version and just wondered if you could plug in a USB GPS receiver to be able to use google maps?

Thanks

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
As long as your USB GPS is compatible with the OS on your tablet (Android, Windows7?)

slchan999

Apr 25, 2011
Hi,

I'm doing the same experiment.
I'm trying to connect my bluetooth gps to my Viewpad 10. It can be matched but not connected. I tried to install the program 'Bluetooth gps mouse'. It works fine on my HTC magic but does not work on the Viewpad 10, though both are running with Android 2.2. Is there anyone who has experience to share? Thanks in advance.

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
Hi,

I'm doing the same experiment.
I'm trying to connect my bluetooth gps to my Viewpad 10. It can be matched but not connected. I tried to install the program 'Bluetooth gps mouse'. It works fine on my HTC magic but does not work on the Viewpad 10, though both are running with Android 2.2. Is there anyone who has experience to share? Thanks in advance.

you can use tethergps if you want to share your gps from your android phone to your android tablet, the free version only allows up to 5 minutes at a time use but the paid version isnt that bad to buy. i tried it from my HTC Incredible to my viewpad10 and I was able to use Google navigation. i'm not sure about using an external gps device, have you tried "Bluetooth GPS by Googoo Android" or "Bluetooth GPS Provider by mobile-j.de" from the market? it works with a few different GPS devices.

GSbiker

May 13, 2011
I'm using a BU-353 from US Globalsat with my VPAD10 and Microsoft MapPoint 2010 installed on the micro SD. Works great.

tjrayner

May 12, 2011
I'm using a BU-353 from US Globalsat with my VPAD10 and Microsoft MapPoint 2010 installed on the micro SD. Works great.

That's the GPS I've got, would love to know how to set it up if you can help

Cheers