Viewpad 10s on Corvus 5 Rom - flash movie problem

xr_ex

Jun 7, 2011
Hi everyone, I recently got the Viewpad 10s and have proceeded to install Corvus 5 on it. It works great, very sleek and fast. However I noticed a strange problem when watching flash based movies (youtube etc..) I seem to be getting strange lines in the middle of the movie screens, not everytime, only when there's lots of movement. I did not seem to notice this on the official ROM, and it only happens on streaming movies. Games and offline movies seem fine. Any one else seen this? I'm on Flash Player 10.3 BTW. Tried different browsers, all of them having the same effect.

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
There was some discussion on MoDaCo forum about this. There seems to be a special version of Flash for the Tegra chips.
I have no problems with YouTube videos on my Viewpad 10s with my own ROM and Flashplayer 10.3. But it might be worth for you to have a look for the special player.

Hi everyone, I recently got the Viewpad 10s and have proceeded to install Corvus 5 on it. It works great, very sleek and fast. However I noticed a strange problem when watching flash based movies (youtube etc..) I seem to be getting strange lines in the middle of the movie screens, not everytime, only when there's lots of movement. I did not seem to notice this on the official ROM, and it only happens on streaming movies. Games and offline movies seem fine. Any one else seen this? I'm on Flash Player 10.3 BTW. Tried different browsers, all of them having the same effect.

xr_ex

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks beegee_tokyo, it works properly now! I ended up using version v10.1.95.22 as the others (even higher versions) still had the same problem or not working with the other flash movies I tested.

File name: libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101028_v10.1.95.22_signed.apk File size: 4.23 MB

Advent Vega - ROMs / Software Updates / Guides / How Tos - Android @ MoDaCo

There was some discussion on MoDaCo forum about this. There seems to be a special version of Flash for the Tegra chips.
I have no problems with YouTube videos on my Viewpad 10s with my own ROM and Flashplayer 10.3. But it might be worth for you to have a look for the special player.