Viewpad 10s stuck

freddo

Jan 2, 2015
I have a Viewpad 10s which was running Vegacomb but the screen where you swipe to open was not working so I reset the tablet back to Viewsonics ROM but it still will not let me swipe the screen nothing happens when I tap the screen
Can anyone help please

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing you may have a loose cable or a bad digitizer. If you reset back to factory defaults hardware is about the only thing left, assuming it was working with Vegacomd before.

freddo

Jan 2, 2015
Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing you may have a loose cable or a bad digitizer. If you reset back to factory defaults hardware is about the only thing left, assuming it was working with Vegacomd before.

freddo

Jan 2, 2015
Thanks for your reply
IIt was working before with Vegacomb and I have now reset it with the Viewsonic software but still the same
Do you mean the cable that comes from the screen to the motherboard as did take that off and cleaned it with contact cleaner
Any idea where I can get a new digitiser from please

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, that would be the cable, but there may be some other hardware problem. You may want to try seating that cable again.

freddo

Jan 2, 2015
I took it out a few times but It does not seem to go all the way in you have to slide it in and push the clip closed but still seems that the cable is not right in
Is it possible that the components on the cable are faulty and need replacing

freddo

Jan 2, 2015
On closer inspection I have found 2 hairline scratches that may be cracks would that cause the problem