viewpad10 PRO-install new firmware or workin market??

stang0182

Dec 2, 2011
can somebody help me with some instruction on how to upgrade firmware on v10PRO..i would think i could use the same upgrades as the reg 10 dual boot model as they both have the same processor..just alittle worried about trying this cause the pro uses blue stacks so you can bounce back and fourth without a reboot..i have searched everywhere without any luck.havent really found anybody else who even owns one..any info would be GREAT:D or even some how to get a working market would even be good at this point...

murthybruit

Dec 16, 2011
Hi, where have you got hold of a firmware update? I haven't seen anything on their website (for all it's worth!). The CPU is different though.... I am trialling one of these for work, and was initially dissapointed with Bluestack's Android, i wish it just ran a full native version, like the older Viewpad. I followed these instructions to open up full market access: How to enable Android Market and Launcher in Bluestacks | Eins.MY Whilst it works, i have still had no luck getting additional apps to install. I was then hoping to go back to the original config and try cloudconnect, but where i thought i'd made a copy of my original Data, Root and SDCard files, i hadn't, i overwrote them! :( Don't suppose someone could hook me up with a copy of these three stock files from an unadulterated Viewpad 10 Pro? From C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Android, it would be greatly appreciated!

stang0182

Dec 2, 2011
i will try and get you those copys,i played with that method,but i never installed it on my tablet.i installed blue stacks on my laptop so i could play with it.i didnt want to delete any files on the tablet yet! but i did come across another method that works as well but all you have to do is download some apk files.. check it out xda-developers - View Single Post - BlueStacks android on windows out now !! ...really like too find out about upgradeing to a custom rom,just havent came across anybody yet that has done it to a pro... let me know where you want me to send them.the custom roms are from x86 project,im just scared to install them on the pro but they should work

murthybruit

Dec 16, 2011
Stang0182, sounds like you're on the same playing field as me! I'll PM you my work email address for the three files, you've got me out of a hole there, thanks! Just zip 'em up and wing 'em over!

I currently have a ticket open with Viewsonic regarding the restore media..... It doesn't work! Or mine doesn't anyway! It just sits there, saying "formating" (Note the spelling!) .....but never does. I'm loathed to kick it about anymore until I know I can perform an OEM restore. The support so far has been next to useless, it has been escalated once, I've asked for it to be escalated to someone more technical, someone who can perhaps answer questions about native Android potential as well.

I just quickly looked up x86 project, but didn't see anything about custom ROMS at first glance, is it a forum? I read yesterday that one of the problems with trying to use this device in the Android market is that the x86 processors aren't licensed for use there, I guess most of the apps are written for ARM architecture? Dunno! Unfortunately the 10Pro hasn't fallen into the hands of many developers yet, and until it does.....