Viewsonic G Tab Accessories

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It is ok after you put a little Velcro on the back of the gtab. Fits nicely.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Office Depots around the country show them in stock, otherwise you can find them online, some Staples have them still and some Sears. When I got mine, I looked online and they said they were not in stock, but then I decided to call and see what happened. Turned out they had 3 in stock, so don't go buy the website for Sears.

MMCCARTHY

Feb 3, 2011
Has anyone gotten a dock or cord to work for the G Tab yet? The main function I am looking for it to provide me with is HDMI out. Anything else would be a bonus.

PaTwRiK

Jan 31, 2011
I should be a getting a dock this week. From what i've seen HDMI works...but dont expect HD quality.

I'll keep you updated...what are you looking to do with the HDMI?

k3for

Dec 30, 2010

I got both the skin and the dock. Both are fine, and worth the price. The "decal" protects the back from getting scratched and hides the stupid ViewSonic logo - I put an Android sticker over it. The dock doesn't yet have ethernet drivers in TNT-Lite that I can use, but the lights respond when plugged in. The dock does charge the tablet. The dock USB works great. Have not yet tested the HDMI.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
No, iPad cases generally don't fit the Viewsonic - the G-tab is longer and not as wide. However, I use this "Origami" Incase iPad sleeve - the G-tab sticks out a bit but the way it makes a stand is great for the coffee shop.
Origami Sleeve for iPad : Products By Incase

My case is the one for the iPad, the tablet fits and the zipper closes completely. The thing I really like about this case is that I only had to put the Hook part of Velcro on the back of the tablet, it attaches to the inside material of the case extremely well.

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
I just received a skin/screen protector from Skinomi. It is very nice, fits exactly, does not interfere with the touchscreen. Has a different "feel" than the very slick plain glass but also does not show fingerprints and smudges as easily. And when you do get fingerprints they easily wipe off. If you get one, follow the directions exactly and be prepared to spend 20-30 minutes making sure that all the bubbles are out. I am so far happy with it. Here is a link to the product page on Amazon;

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Viewsonic G Tablet + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Electronics

I also bought the Kindle DX case that others in this thread bought and I have to say it fits like a glove. No issues with the corners impinging on buttons. Looks nice, protects the g-tab well. I could wish that there was a way to fold the cover and latch out of the way easier for viewing while propped up. Over all a good purchase.

Finally, I bought this little item;

Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics

moz-screenshot-2.png
$614LP9irKUL._AA1267_.jpg

What a great travel helper! I am getting the dock for at home but this little gem folds up to take up no space, opens out and holds the g-tab at any angle. Even works with the g-tab in the case. Gonna be great for the plane rides I take every week!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for the links Hunter505. I've been looking for what acessories to order when I order my g-tab.

jubigret

Jan 8, 2011
has anyone bought this case?
Wholesale Malata Zpad protective case,10.1 inch ViewSonic G tablet Zpad,folding leather case,free shipping
just curious what you think??
thx!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
So since it looks like im gonna get the gTab....

What SD card do you use for it? (Make/Size/Class)
Is it more advantageous to have multiple SD cards? Or does it not matter?
Does make really matter?
When does Class not matter any more? 4+? 6+? 10?

I'm looking at 2 options:
  1. Buying 2x Patriot 16 GB Class 10 MicroSD cards at $40 each
  2. Buying 1x Patroit 32 GB Class 10 MicroSD card at $100
Just want to hit all of the bases before I shell out $700 for the device, acessories and SD cards.

Thanks in advance for the help,
-Fuga

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Congrats! I think you are making the right decision..;-). As far as the cards go, you have a somewhat unique advantage over a lot of other tablets with the GTab, in that it has the regular USB slot. What I have found myself doing is that I have a 16Gb Class 10 MicroSD that I put in Day 1 and have never taken out...and then I use regular old USB Jump drives when i want to do other things (such as movies, etc.)

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
BT Keyboards have been hit and miss for me. I ended up using the keyboard/mouse from Amazon.com: Lifeworks Technology iHome iStand Media Center Bundle with Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Laser Mouse (Black): Electronics. I paid about 23 dollars for it from sears from a previous slickdeal. Trying to find a reasonbly priced folio case for my gtablet so I can even use the stand at home if I want. The receiver is about the size of the nano receiver from logitech. I honestly wish I could get mouse support and proper g sensor though.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have the menotek flexible bt keyboard, works great