Viewsonic G Tab Accessories

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
I got an HDMI cable today and just tryed out the dock HDMI for my g-tablet to my 37" HDTV was impressed with both the picture and sound output to the TV.
Dont have any videos on my tab or sd card yet so i just did some online streaming video thru wifi to the TV. Pics below.

$DSC00628.JPG$DSC00627.JPG$DSC00629.JPG

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
RECOMMENDATION:

so i wanted to give a quick shout out again to itSteve at ElectronicCrap.com. I now have an extra charger, two docks (home and office) and two cases (the M1 and P3), and they are all fabulous. All were shipped the day I ordered (now there is an idea!!), I had tracking numbers in 24-hours, and all three orders were received in less than 5 days.

SO, everything came as described, everything worked properly out of the box, and everything came in the timeframe promised. It doesn't get better than that!

Thanks Steve!

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Peter... how about some pics of the 2 cases? I'd like to get one but don't know which to get.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Here you go, these are pics of my tablet in the M1 Case (That's the one I am using this week). Couple of notes, I have actually gotten several compliments from iPad users, they all like that the case folds back into the stand, instead of leaving it in front. This works especially well with my BT keyboard. Only possible issue I have with the case is the door covering the full size USB and MicroUSB card slot are covered, as is the docking station port. Neither of these have proven to be an issue yet. Here at the pics:
pbrauer-albums-case-picture1498-right-side.jpg

pbrauer-albums-case-picture1497-left-side-2.jpg

pbrauer-albums-case-picture1496-closed.jpg

pbrauer-albums-case-picture1495-case.jpg

pbrauer-albums-case-picture1494-buttons.jpg

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Sweet thanks man. I'll wait to see your pics of the other before I order.

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
Received my P3 Case Monday from IT2STEVE was majorly impressed on the shipping speed. Think he shipped it on a Saturday no less and I received it as quickly as was possible. Also received my dock today from the Sears mail in rebate. Do some roms have problems passing audio through HDMI or is there a setting cause on VEGAN 5.1 it seems to stay on the tablet itself.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
[EDIT 3/25] INVENTORY IS LOW BUT SHIPMENTS ALREADY ON THE WAY (EXPECTED MON / TUE)... BLACK CLIPS, DOCKS, m1's ALREADY IN ROUTE
smile.gif

EDIT [I am limited to 15 pics for now so I had to cut back]

[UPDATE 3/9] - Clip Review

Here is my attempt of a quick review of all the 'custom cases' floating around. I have four to show and I will be as thorough as possible and will try to answer any questions I can. Please post comments as the developers of these cases are watching closely and will continue to produce what is wanted
smile.gif

I'm making up names (as they might go by something else) to keep it simple for myself and the people on 'my list'.

the 'CLIP' (Custom 'shell' type folio)
P1 (Prototype One)
P2 (Prototype Two)
P3 (Prototype Three)
M1 (has been referred to as 'official' Malata Case)
P4 (Prototype Four)

the 'CLIP'
3/9/11

- Should be available in a few days (limited quantity / white only first shipment)
- PU (synthetic leather) / Multi-Angle Stand / 'Clip' Closure
- Nice and tight fit / Left side middle clip DOES cover the USB
- Will be available in Black and White
- Rumored Price $45ish?

My Take - I didn't really know where to start with this case. At first I really could have cared less; it looked neat but it didn't seen functional at all. Then I put my tab in it. WOW, interesting. REALLY snug, actually, I couldn't believe how well the 4 main 'clips' held it in place.

It took me a minute to understand how it folded out to give the three different viewing angles. If you look the bottom 'clips' aren't as large as the ones towards the tops. This is to allow the bottom portion of the tab to break-away to lean out on the grooves to act as a stand. When closed it also 'clips' into place. Pretty interesting how well it's made to hold the shape and stay so snug. The USB is covered on the left but due to the lack of anything else on the case, buttons are easy to access and press.

The other thing that I found VERY interesting (as you can see below) is that you don't have to remove the case to put it on the dock! This is a big deal to me personally.

Dislikes - For a synthetic leather (although seems to be REALLY good quality) I think that a $45 or so price point is a little high; rumor is that's because it's so new and 'should' drop sometime. Personally (just me) I don't care for the White so much however I'm sure some will want it. Black is backordered right now but supposedly in the works.

Overall - I REALLY like the feel and usability of this case. I will be driving it for a bit and will update you if there are any potential issues.

Enjoy!
clip_3.JPG
clip_6.JPG
clip_8.JPG

P4

2/22 - Not as bad as expected, there IS a hole for the camera, the button opening isn't as wide as ideal / top portion will stand out at first but will fit with wear in (leather) updated pic
- Leather / Stand / Clasp w/ Magnet Buttons (buttons don's seem to lay flush but I'd imagine that with it being leather it will get there with time, I've only been using it a couple days)
- Nice and tight fit / Left side open so nothing is covered (I like this as it makes it much easier for me to take the tab out of the case for Dock use)
- Folds back at a stand however at a steep angle (similar to dock angle)
*** this prototype had issues at the manufacturer (not my supplier) and I believe that they did NOT include cutouts for the cam and possible not large enough cutouts for the right side buttons. The one that was provided to me for review was already altered with a utility knife. I am expecting some of these tomorrow and will update this post on EXACTLY what may and may not need work on the user end.

I do like this case. It's one step closer in the right direction. I don't have a price point as of yet but I would imagine a tad more than previous cases as it is leather. I have been using this as my daily driver for the last couple of days and have come to appreciate the look and usability being able to remove it for docking so easily. I'm still not a huge fan of the buttons but the case does look like a 'professional portfolio' when closed.

My ideal case? This case with no clasp, strong magnetic closure, less steep standing angle, and proper cutouts. Again, for an inexpensive as they are and limited availability; I'm at least happy to have options
smile.gif

P4_2.JPG
P4_4.JPG

P1
- Leather / Stand / No Clasp
- as you can see in the pics it's pretty loose around the edges
- Cutouts are perfect for all buttons and slides in from the left so USB is NOT covered (however Tab CAN slide out with the full opening.

P1_2.JPG

P3
- PU (synthetic leather) / Stand / Clasp / Magnetic Closure
- Snug Fit
- Cutouts are OK... USB is covered on the left and the 'back soft button' is slightly covered. This can be manipulated but when I played with it I could still use the button
- There is a 'flap' at the top above the camera hole that tucks in keeping the TAB covered on all four sides (alleviates the possibility of sliding out)
- can be folded for three different stand angles

P3_2.JPG
P3_3.JPG
P3_4.JPG

M1 (official Malata)
- PU (synthetic leather) / Stand / Magnetic Edges
- Snug Fit
- Cutouts are OK... USB is covered on the left but that's it.
- There is a 'flap' at the bottom that tucks in keeping the TAB covered on all four sides (alleviates the possibility of sliding out)
- Case seem like it will 'rip' around edges soon and that is a concern making it a 'daily driver' for me.

M1_2.JPG
M1_3.JPG
M1_4.JPG

There you go. I hope you enjoy and get an idea that there ARE people working to get us product.

By the way, I would like to thank all the members that I have the privilege to deal with in getting products to. In times of trouble you guys have been understanding and a pleasure to deal with and I hope it continues. Also, want to thank the DEV's here for keeping us alive; without you guys we wouldn't be here!

Last edited:

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
Using an exacto knife to cut out enough material so a USB plug could fit in was way easier than I expected. I just pushed my finger into the material until I could see the outline of the opening and went from there. I don't think I took out enough material to really matters.$SN850313.JPG$SN850308.JPG

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
I am running tnt 4. 2. 3 And audio passes thru hdmi ok on this rom, havent tried any others since i got the dock from itsteve site.

Sent from my Ideos S7

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Hey cbinks, go to Amazon prime, 30 days free trial with all the free movies you want. They bought Netflix of Europe. They are 79.00 per year unlimited after free trial.