Viewsonic G Tab Accessories

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Link: Malata Zpad ( updated Mar. 25, 1366 X 768 TN screen change) -

I have PM'd OP about this. This seems legit, as evidenced by the lower Neocore score and the reported resolution.

Portrait mode is not sucking. Can someone here verifiy that this LCD looks different than the one gTablet when in portrait mode?

wdYPj.jpg

PbBll.jpg

0wqB6.jpg

Aqn8i.jpg

fIoMp.jpg

medfreak

Mar 28, 2011
Hello

I was wondering where I could find (order) the case "The Click" for my gtab. Thanks in advance for your reply

zxinfinity

Mar 29, 2011
Is there such a thing as a USB charging cable that connects to the DC power input of the G-Tablet? I was thinking, because you can't charge via the USB port, that someone out there has created a cable that plugs into a USB computer or car charger port. Am I silly to think so? Or is it silly that no one has made such a thing yet?

Why do I want such a thing? I want to be able to carry my G-Tablet from home to work, and have the means to charge in my car or at my computer without having to carry the bulky AC adapter. There's gotta be something out there!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Is there such a thing as a USB charging cable that connects to the DC power input of the G-Tablet? I was thinking, because you can't charge via the USB port, that someone out there has created a cable that plugs into a USB computer or car charger port. Am I silly to think so? Or is it silly that no one has made such a thing yet?

Why do I want such a thing? I want to be able to carry my G-Tablet from home to work, and have the means to charge in my car or at my computer without having to carry the bulky AC adapter. There's gotta be something out there!

you should be getting about 8 hours battery use minimum out of the device, so you must have a REALLY long commute!

seriously, no on connecting that way. without wanting this to turn into a whole debate about USB charging, the issue comes down to the fact that USB simply cannot carry enough current to properly charge the battery system on a tablet. People can argue all they want about it, but physics is physics and in almost all cases it simply is not possible.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011

As far as I know... no tablet can charge via USB. Only the ones with a proprietary plug (ie. Nookcolor) can charge via USB. But its not plugging into a USB port on the device. Odd and convoluted but you get me?

zxinfinity

Mar 29, 2011
What about those 2.5" portable drives that can get the extra power necessary from 2 USB plugs?

Also, a colleague of mine just today showed me some kind of adapter that he puts on the end of his USB cable that helps boost the power draw of the USB cable so that it can charge his iPad. The caveat is that he cannot simultaneously charge and communicate with his device.

Gary_O

Mar 20, 2011
Finally, I bought this little item;

Amazon.com: Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book: Electronics

moz-screenshot-2.png
View attachment 1100

What a great travel helper! I am getting the dock for at home but this little gem folds up to take up no space, opens out and holds the g-tab at any angle. Even works with the g-tab in the case. Gonna be great for the plane rides I take every week!

+1 on the Arkon Stand! This works really well with the gTablet, both in landscape and portrait mode. Sturdy, light, adjustable, nicely padded. Perfect!

barren_sky

Mar 18, 2011
The best controllers for playing ROMs seems to be either a Nintendo Brand Wii Remote (non of the knockoffs seem to work) or the Codejunkies Wii Wireless Retro Controller from Wii Wireless Retro Controller - Codejunkies US.

I picked up the Datel (Codejunkies) Wireless pad you linked, and while it works fine on my rooted Dell Streak, for some reason I'm having problems setting my keyboard choice to 'controller' with the Wiimotecontroller app. Everything seems to work fine until i'm actually asked to switch keyboard inputs, and then it just doesn't. Can I ask which firmware ROM you're using? Maybe you're using a different app? I'm so close to having the Ultimate Portable Gaming Rig!

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
I was using Vegan 5.1.1 when I was using the Datel Controller. Been trying to use a Classic Controller Pro lately on Harmony Gingerbread and its been giving me problems.

barren_sky

Mar 18, 2011
I was using Vegan 5.1.1 when I was using the Datel Controller. Been trying to use a Classic Controller Pro lately on Harmony Gingerbread and its been giving me problems.

Switched to Vegan and everything works like a charm now. That Datel pad is about as good as anyone could hope for. It has the feel up front of an SNES pad, with Nintendo's perfectly designed D-pad. Its a bit bigger though, and has a comfy grip on the back that will keep my from getting blisters. I tried it with the NES, Genesis, and SNES emulators and its smooth as silk.

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
Does anyone know if the charger for the Viewpad is the same as the G-Tablet? I want a car charger and found a charger for the viewpad that is half the price of the one I found for the G-Tab. Thanks