Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

ops8888

May 28, 2011
Hi all!

I got my g tab in June and I am really enjoying it!! After a few trials I now have it running G Harmony and so far it is doing everything I need!! I will keep watching the posts though to see if there is an even better one I should go to!

Please add me to the list!! What a great place to get all of my answers!! Thanks so much!

Ops8888 - Mesa, AZ

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Will add you on Tuesday when back in the office.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

DarkAngel

Jul 11, 2011
DarkAngel -- Sahuarita, AZ

Just recently was given a Gtab from my brother running GB but went back to stock ( to discover it was running V1.1 ) but will be installing 1.2 as soon as I want to hop on the BOS wagon.

MX21

Jun 10, 2011
MX21 - Grass Valley, CA

Got my Gtab on July 1st. Immediately loaded CWM and Brilliant Corners 1.2.1. Working great!

MX

gnro46

Jul 13, 2011
Hi,
I am retired with zero experience in forums and sooo new to Android. I don't want to bother anybody with "introductory android" questions, but I need help as I use my G-Tab (had it 2 days now. I got a LG Optimus smart phone 2 months ago). I find moving around the forums confusing.

so my first question is this: my LG Optimus T smart phone has an app that tells google maps where I am with a wifi connection. Is there a similiar app for my Viewsonic Gtablet 2.2?
thanks for the help.​

bhfrankel

Jul 21, 2011
Hi. New to forum. Got gtab from Amazon (Woot) for $269 and am sorry to say that it is NO LONGER UNDER WARRANTY FROM VS! 1.2, CWM7, BoS. I've got no idea what the heck I'm doing, but it seems to work better than it did (except for the camera issue). Are there any HC roms that have the camera working?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It looks like I have stone updating to do. I will try to get this done in the morning.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

computerdoc

Sep 6, 2011
I too, just purchased my G-Tab today and should have it in 3-4 days (I hope.) Looking for a case and trying to figure out which ROM to start out with! Very excited...

G's Up!!!
Expecting my pad tomorrow. I am brand Noobian to this stuff. I first hastily purchased a superpad 10.1. It was cool for a day then the speakers went on the blink and the HDMI didnt work at all connected to the LCD. Some nights I get dizzy from reading all the info about flashing, rooting, etc. I am going to try out the TnT with the OTA update. I just left the Viewsonic site and I was excited to find on the last page of the quick start guide under the micro sd card section that the g pad supports up to a 64 gig card and that it is recommended that you use a minimum of 32 gigs for a better experience. Is that a 32 + the internal 16? Thanks pbrauer for all your knowledge and contributions..your name rings bells across the web when it comes to tweaking the gTab..and everyone else who is involved with this fantastic resource.

neteru - New Jersey

Totally agreed! Thanks pbauer from the land of the Thundering Waters.
[Tried to upload pic but not sure where it went. :)-)

Computerdoc

computerdoc

Sep 6, 2011
I too, just purchased my G-Tab today and should have it in 3-4 days (I hope.) Looking for a case and trying to figure out which ROM to start out with! Very excited...
<br>
<br>
<strong>G's Up!!!</strong><br>
Expecting my pad tomorrow. I am brand Noobian to this stuff. I first hastily purchased a superpad 10.1. It was cool for a day then the speakers went on the blink and the HDMI didnt work at all connected to the LCD. Some nights I get dizzy from reading all the info about flashing, rooting, etc. I am going to try out the TnT with the OTA update. I just left the Viewsonic site and I was excited to find on the last page of the quick start guide under the micro sd card section that the g pad supports up to a 64 gig card and that it is recommended that you use a minimum of 32 gigs for a better experience. Is that a 32 + the internal 16? Thanks pbrauer for all your knowledge and contributions..your name rings bells across the web when it comes to tweaking the gTab..and everyone else who is involved with this fantastic resource.<br>
<br>
neteru - New Jersey
<br><br>Totally agreed! Thanks pbauer from the land of the Thundering Waters.<br><br><br>