Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
With "Get out! get out! get out!" being screamed by the Sales Director at the door to the starwell, and the rumblings of collapsing buildings ringing in my ears...I had to abandon my poor Viewsonic G Tablet (plus a lot of other personal and work items) at my desk as we all fled our office building at just before 1pm on Tuesday February 22nd.

I heard today this it may be at least 2 or 3 months before anyone is let anywhere near our office building (if at all ever again) which is situated in the part of Christchurch's central business district worst hit by the quake.

RIP my Viewsonic G Tablet, with TNT-Lite. I will miss you (at least until the insurance company pays out and I replace you

Thank goodness you are ok!

kiwiguy1967

Jan 22, 2011
There just better not be a Honeycomb ROM release before I get my replacement Viewsonic G Tablet! Now THAT would really make me cry...

grinchy

Feb 11, 2011
Running the Vegan Rom seems to be pretty cool :) also like the Harmony Rom :)

Edit...add me to the list as well...Lakeland Florida :)

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All.. just a quick update, I will be doing the adds and edits ASAP, but am dealing with a small injury that I limited my ability to type much for a couple of days

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
All.. just a quick update, I will be doing the adds and edits ASAP, but am dealing with a small injury that I limited my ability to type much for a couple of days

Heal up! I'm sure there are a lot of new tablet owners needing your wisdom!

Quade

Feb 26, 2011
Sign me up. Ordered mine 2 days ago on Amazon for $380 and (as I keep checking back to try to help make the shipping process go faster) the price today has dropped to $360. Oh well, I'll have mine 2 days more than if I'd waited. I'm trying to read all I can about rooting and available ROMs now so I can jump in feet first when I get it Monday. I'm loving all the great info available!

Mark, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

And a fast recovery to you Pbrauer!!

Last edited:

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
Also in Indy Myself. Had mine since the 8th of last month. Running Vegan 5.1 Rooting/Custom ROM was a piece of cake with the walkthroughs. I would see if Amazon would pricematch itself they do that sometimes.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Thanks all, I slipped on the ice and tore my AC ligament (shoulder), along with various pulled muscles, which limits my mobility. Should be back full swing tomorrow.

wtang

Dec 13, 2010
I just joined the club last week! I picked up a "reconditioned" GTab from Sears for $279. It looked brand new but I could tell it was pre-owned because it had superuser.apk installed. Furthermore, there was no recovery image so I couldn't boot into recovery. (Previous owner must have erased the recovery by accident) Because of the missing stock recovery I couldn't even flash Clockwork Mod, which is the first step before flashing any custom ROMS. Long story short, I fixed the problem and I'm now running Vegan 5.1.1 with the fixed version of Flash 10.1 so I can watch shows on Hulu... couldn't be happier!