Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
pfd9100/Union, Michigan. Just bought a viewpad 10. Should be here Thursday.

Can't wait to get it rooted and play with some ROM's.
I have been using CyanogenMod on my Motorola Droid1 for some time now and really made it a nice device for me.
Looking forward to getting the VP with a similar ROM and using the heck out of it. It should considerably cut down the starts of the old heavy laptop since all my emails, calendars and more and more of my docs are on google!

Please add me as an owner!

A side question, is there a ROMmanager like app for this pad? not that I can't do it manually but it is sure nice!

I see some say they had to install ClockworkMod? is it preinstalled?

Oh well sorry to ask dumb questions before I get it, I'm just excited to get it and to get to work with it!

Mike

tmacrae

Feb 28, 2011
Please add me to your owners list - from Peyton, CO. I just placed my order for the G-Tab with 6ave, and it should arrive by Friday.

I'm a real novice and will need step by step instructions for the ROM - Vegan, and everything that will get it work as I've been reading about (Google apps, and flash, etc.). Where can I find those instructions?

Thanks!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Please add me to your owners list - from Peyton, CO. I just placed my order for the G-Tab with 6ave, and it should arrive by Friday.

I'm a real novice and will need step by step instructions for the ROM - Vegan, and everything that will get it work as I've been reading about (Google apps, and flash, etc.). Where can I find those instructions?

Thanks!

We have stickies on these topics right at the top of the Viewsonic forum (just like this one). Read those first, and then if you still have questions (don't worry, you will), please feel free to ask!

Welcome!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
quick reminder....please make sure that y'all join the Viewsonic Tab Group too!

msdemeanor

Jan 22, 2011
Count me in...proud and pleased owner of G tablet 10. Love it and am having a blast downloading apps and books.

golfblyad

Mar 5, 2011
Hey Pbbrauer, I am totally new to the tablet world. I can't get clock mod or vegan working. Can you help?

Dingiso

Feb 27, 2011
My Gtab and dock are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, will be looking for the UPS truck all day! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve CAN'T WAIT!

Dingiso - Hollywood, Maryland

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome all, i think i have gotten all of you added to the owner's thread at the start. If you aren't on the list, please let me know!

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hey Pbbrauer, I am totally new to the tablet world. I can't get clock mod or vegan working. Can you help?

Please start a thread and let us know what problems you are having. The more specific you are. The more help we can be.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011

golfblyad, where are you getting stuck at? there are a couple of ways to do it, either on the internal sdcard or with a microSD that you plug in. Personally I recommend that you do it on the internal card so that it's always there.

You need to have a recovery folder AND the update.zip on the root of the internal SD Card. That recovery folder contains a command.com that tells the tab what to do the first time you ask it to go to recovery. it WILL remove that command file so it's important to know that if the clockwork install doesn't work the first time, you will need to put that file back.

SO...
* have recovery FOLDER containing COMMAND file on internal SD
* have clockworkmod update.zip on internal SD (do not extract)
* with tab off, hit power and the volume up button
* tab will say recovery key selected (something like that)
* here it is going to the recovery folder and reading the command file. Your command file is telling it to run the update.zip which is putting CM on there.
* When it's complete reboot again with the volume up held and this time it will go into CM.
*From there you can select install .zip from SD (not the update.zip)

Whichever ROMS you have saved to the internal SD you will have access to.

hope that helps some, feel free to ask, email or PM any questions.

Last edited: