Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

jmaxton

Mar 7, 2011
Add my name to the list please. I've had it for a week and just love it! I ran it for a day with the loser stock ROM, (What were they thinking?) The next day it was simple to load Vegan on it, and WOW what a different machine! Can't wait to load a Honeycomb ROM on this thing.

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
I us ROM manager

Pbrauer, been gettingused to the tab using relentsly. Thing hin is really rocking!

Im using vegan 7 beta and like it. A few issues.

1 you saidyou are using rom manager, but for me it wants to install clockworkmod which is already installed?
2. I have big hands and this vegan keyboard is killing me. The keys are just too small...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Try the Notion ink keyboard, and that is a update rom manager.

edit - I added the apk for the notion ink keyboard to this post

Attachments

• $Keyboard (1).zip
    376.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Check out Thumb Keyboard.. i like it alot.. has serveral different configuartions and themes... makes typing on the 10" fairly easy... seperates the letter to each side so you can comfortably reach them with your thumbs plus has navigation arrows and allows for different configurations for landscape and poitrait modes...
only dislike I have is i can't find a way to enable speach to text... not sure if it's capable

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.beansoft.keyboardplus&feature=search_result

$thumb key.jpg this is a stock photo from the market link.. so you can have an idea of it

and as far as rom manager goes you can tell it you already have clockwork flashed... i actually found that i need to switch from the updated version to the "bekit" enhanced version listed under alternative recoveries to get some of the roms to load properly....

Last edited:

andan61172

Feb 28, 2011
Hi Everyone.. Add me to the list of new owners. Had my G Tablet about two weeks, but haven't had time to try any new Roms. I am curious about an issue I'm having with mine. I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 (and yes I chose the G Tablet over the Ipad) that I am trying to use as a Wifi hotspot. I can get the wifi to work with my laptop and other phones, but my G Tablet does not pick it up. I am new to the tablet world and may be asking several off-the-wall questions. BTW - I travel Internationally periodically and will be taking the G Tablet with me everywhere, and I reside in West Virginia.
Any suggestions on the ROMS and on the wifi issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
--> Andan61172

Do you know if your Iphone broadcasts out as infrastructure mode or if it sets up the wifi network as a adhoc network?... Android doesn't natively connect with adhoc networks... but there is a fix floating around (search it out)and i think i read on xda that most all the popular roms have the fix built in...

I'm using Veagan 5.1 myself it seems to be closest to "vanilla" Android.. IMO..

Haven't tried Harmony.. and Cyanogen 7 has ADW launcher built in and can't be removed .. i prefer LauncherPro...

andan61172

Feb 28, 2011
Swould... you nailed it... the iphone broadcasts adhoc.... Does the Veagan 5.1 eliminate the force close issues i am experiencing sometimes with the g tablet? I am still reading and reviewing before I make a decision. I'm a bit of an over analyzer. The G tablet was the best option i found to the ipad (my job provides me with the iphone and our it staff assisted with jailbreaking it...)

msdemeanor

Jan 22, 2011
All set up with my Viewsonic now. I'm really pleased with my purchase but still have a lot to learn. Where better than here?

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
Love my machine. I have been trying ROM's. Like the Vegan 7 beta, have tried all the 2.3's basically. I am looking for a ROM a little more tab, and a little less phone. (arent we all) Anyway using bitrex right now. Playing with all of them to find what I want.
I do have an issue, I have recently found an issue flashing ROM's in that the DATA will not format, it just locks up and sits there for 1/2 hour one time. I have tried everything I know and looking through the threads.
It also gives me problems with Titanium Backup I assume it is because DATA is corupt or something.
I have partitioned, formatted, etc...

Any ideas appreciated...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
hmm...I am actually having that issue on my phone, but haven't run into it on my tablet. Have you tried running a fix permissions on the DATA part?

p

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
--> Andan61172

i haven't had any force close issues with Vegan.... nor can i attest to it having the adhoc fix built in... i tether to my droidX and itbrocasts in infrastructure mode..

teddiel

Mar 9, 2011
Newbie here, please add me

teddiel / WPB, FL

I picked mine up the other day at Office Dep., and thought "Oh My, what a junker" (kinda like the portable screen on the hp eprinter).... But I did a little searching, and wow! I'm not a hacker by any means, took me some reading I admit, but I got TNT lite 4.2 on it, and I love it. Of course Angry birds and facebook, and still reading on what else I need to do. I see most of you using vegan, so I may need to get brave! ;p