Viewsonic gtablet certificate error

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
I am new to all of this and I am hoping someone can help. I just got a Viewsonic gtablet
and I like most of the features so far. My problem is I will need to access my work site and I get a certificate error? Is this because it is android? Will I need a tablet that has windows? I hope not. The one site I am trying to access is insidecoair.com for one.
Is there anything I can do or download to help with this problem? If not I will have to return it as I have to be able to get access to certain sites for work.
Thanking you all in advance
Jaye

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I do this at my work. It is possible, will see if i can find the notes. Dont dispair!

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you, It seems like a good tablet for what I paid, I like being able to have a sd card and use my flashdrive
thank you again
Jaye

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Is it the certificate to access your exchange server?

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
no I need to access my work site insidecoair.com
I do not know if that helps you, I am dos. pc, and now android illiterate

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
I lied, I can not set up my exchange e-mail either, tells me to check my incomeing settings, I can set it up on my android phone. I would think I should be able to set it up on my tablet ? anyone help

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Once again Thank you so much I have to run at this time but will try it as soon as I can. My tablet also goes back to the home page just a few secs after I open a web page, Is there a fix for that. Viewsonic said to reset the factory settings, I am getting tired of setting up my tablet
Thanks every one again
Jaye

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
It is asking me for a url?? I am not sure what to put in there, so sorry to be so illiterate. Also they want me to delet the duplicate thread and I can not seam to figure that out either.

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Ok sometimes I can get to insidecoair, but then when get to my log in it closes the browser and send me back to my home screen?? getting frustrared

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ok, first, for the tablet try this to get set up for Exchange (email and calendar). http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid

This is a tablet specific version of Touchdown, and it is VERY good at negotiating the Exchange certificate. As far as the web certificate, what type of cert are you trying to load? Does the file end in .pfx or .cer, or something else entirely?

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
I am so sorry to be so stupid, I am not real sure what you are asking, I am downloading the exchange link. error says check incoming settings. I can set it up on my android phone I do not know what I am doing wrong!!
as for the website, some one suggested to take te s out of the address bar will see if that works more than 1x
Thank you again I feel sooo bad

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
o thank you are a god send i will need to play with it but at least I can check my email. if anyone out there has a viewsonic for dummies please let me know
thank you all very much
Jaye