Viewsonic ViewPad 10Pro Circle cursor problem on 3.2 FIXED

Discussion in 'ViewPad 10' started by cyberpunk71, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cyberpunk71

cyberpunk71 Member

This seems to be a problem that everybody is not answering but the problem is relatively easy to fix. Of course once you have 3.2 installed and have a external keyboard connected, hit Alt-F1 to get a command line. First find out what your touchpad is ...

Code:
    less /proc/bus/input/devices
    Find out what the Vendor ID and Product ID is for your touchsreen. Then go to ..

Code:
    cd /system/usr/idc
    In there you will see other .idc files. Just copy one of the other idc files and change the name to suit your touchscreen.

Code:
    cp Vendor_0001_Product_0002.idc Vendor_1110_Product_2220.idc
    Then all you have to do is reboot.

2. cyberpunk71

cyberpunk71 Member

Just an update. I am still working on wireless and video. Video works but using wrong driver. Wireless cannot figure out the card. Work in Progress

3. mmp669

mmp669 Member

Thank you very much. I was going to sell my Novatech tablet (a veiwpad clone) because can't find a working version of android. Will give this a try as soon as I get home.

4. mmp669

mmp669 Member

It works, thank you very much, you are a star!!!!!!!!!!!

5. pkay

pkay Member

i have two vendor files in that directory and none that match the one i found fpr my tablet -
    vendor 222a product 0001
    when i use the cp command as you wrote i get read only file system
    also is this just renaming the file or do i need to somehow download and copy a file into this directory?
    I have no clue how to use the terminal command language unless someone writes the codes exactly as i need them
    still have silly circle touchscreen
    thanks for helping a command code noob

6. frol

frol Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus T91MT
    Hooray! Thank you, cyberpunk71! Your workaround for touchscreen works for my Asus T91MT. I want to add small correction, not necessary reboot android, just use `rmmod hid_multitouch && modprobe hid_multitouch`

7. thuongpm

thuongpm Member

Tablet / Device:
    viewpad10
    i have same problem like you
    I cannot change the .idc file in Android console too.
    So I install dual boot win8 and honeycomb3.2 (remember choose create system folder when install honeycomb) on same partition, then use windows explorer to change the .idc file.
    It works fine.

8. zing0000

zing0000 Member

Tablet / Device:
    exopc
    I also get the dreaded "read only file system" on trying to copy the idc file.

I have an exoPC with android-x86-3.2-RC2-tegav2.iso - seems to mostly work except for the cursor/touchscreen issue.

I tried remount and chmod. I tried from adb and busybox. But I don't really understand this!

Any further help would be great!

9. cyberpunk71

cyberpunk71 Member

Ok. To do this you need to know a little about how Linux works but I just give you the quick and easy. To do this you must have a full keyboard connected to the viewpad. Once connected and android is up and running, hold down ALT and click F2. This will give you a terminal screen as root. Now follow the instructions above. If you still get readonly error, add sudo to the beginning of the cp command.

10. cyberpunk71

cyberpunk71 Member

I just remembered as I reinstalled the 10th time, that the reason for read only is if you didn't allow your /system read write when you installed the OS.

11. klosterdev

klosterdev Member

Tablet / Device:
    Exopc Slate
    Alright, stupid question. I also own an Exopc, and I can't seem to figure out the touchscreen vendor/product ID that mine has when I type in the first command. Does anybody either know what the ID is, or how I can recognize which one is which in the command prompt?

12. jeremypcp

jeremypcp Member

Tablet / Device:
    Bmodo 12G Tablet / DroidX
    I am still new to this. After I type in the first part I was able to find out my touch screen info (Vendor=0eef Product=72a1). At this poin I am stuck, what do I have to to do to be able to type in the second part (cd /system/usr/idc)? every time I try to type something all I see is "END" when I type. Do I have to push another buton before I can type the next code?

13. danman607

danman607 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Azpen x1 Dual Boot
    Sorry to bump a dead thread but it seems to of just stopped and I am sure many other people are finding this from google just as I did. I have the AZPEN x1 that came factory with Android 2.2 and Windows 7 dual boot. I also did the 3.2 upgrade and have the same cursor issue. I tried EVERYTHING for hours and cannot change the idc files as mentioned earlier in this post. I can get to the Terminal Emmulator (something like that) app and the first command worked allowing me to identify my touch screen information. However I cannot make anything happen when I type cd (space) /system/usr/idc followed by enter. I also tried to change files via windows platform using ext2plore but learned you can only view but not make changes. I was careful after several installs to be sure i selected read/write. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to tablets and never heard of Linux until a few days ago reading these forums.

14. waterhead

waterhead Member

Tablet / Device:
    Azpen X1 , HP-Touchpad
    danman,

I couldn't get it to work on my Azpen X1 either. I am an experienced Linux user, and I know that i did everything correctly. My only explanation is that this tablet is different than the Viewpad 10pro, so this fix doesn't work.

I may have been able to figure out a fix, if I had the original 2.2 version to examine. But that was wiped out when installing 3.2.

I tried the Android-x86-4.0 version, and that doesn't have the circle cursor problem. I only booted the LiveCD, and didn't install it. See my thread on it for a download link:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewpad-10/32909-android-x86-4-0-viewpad-10-a.html

I put a bigger SSD in mine, and then installed openSUSE Linux. It has excellent touchscreen support, printer support and a complete office suite that is compatible with Microsoft office (Open Office). As you may detect, I am not a Microsoft fan.

15. aybek

aybek Member

I have eGalax touch screen vendor=0eef, product=0001, and have copied this .idc file, but still not works. Is there some other things to do? (copying drivers or something else)