Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Ok thanks for the info. i'm going to try and find some more info on swapping kernel.
I only want to change my rom when i don't have to gather all sorts of alternative solutions from different locations just to make it work properly.
But i'm gonna check out the corvuskernel that i mentioned above and see if it's any good to us.

Please do let us know when you get useful information about kernels and custom roms for 10s.

Shayind4

camrhodes

Mar 27, 2011
I almost bought this device purley for the dual boot. It is a great feature that sets it above the rest BUT, due to the small internal storage size and the lack of custom ROMs... I went with the G-Tablet.

This is the viewpad 10s, Single boot Tegra powered you are thinking of the viewpad 10 and the 10 pro which are dual boot.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
There is a Viewpad 10 with an Intel processor I guess they mismatched it with this.
I just flashed the Advent Vega 1.09 ROM with the AddOn from XDA and it works fine.

Thanks Beegee_tokyo
I have tested advent vega 1.09 rom on 10s. It runs well without any problem. ADB and recovery work well. It works better than tnt lite vega v0.1. It shows that 10s is really an advent vega tablet.

Shayind4

Last edited:

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
Ive been reading for a few days now and still i cant get to recovery to flash a rom. Have teh 10s bought in holland. Root is ok but rom manager says that cwm 2.5.1.4 is flashedbut when i reboot to recovery it just bootsto normal os. I installed the app to boot to recoveryi get stock recovery and it hangs. Did some full reading on xda advent vega but i'm still confused. some help would by very greatfull.

regards,

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Ive been reading for a few days now and still i cant get to recovery to flash a rom. Have teh 10s bought in holland. Root is ok but rom manager says that cwm 2.5.1.4 is flashedbut when i reboot to recovery it just bootsto normal os. I installed the app to boot to recoveryi get stock recovery and it hangs. Did some full reading on xda advent vega but i'm still confused. some help would by very greatfull.

regards,

Hi
It's straightforward using this link :
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-to-advent-vega/

Download clockwork recovery for advent vega and copy both flash image and recovery img to the root of your PC ( C:\ ). Then use ADB to push both files to 10s /data/local folder. Use the ADB instructions below. Consider using ADB wireless if you have problem using USB cable for ADB.
adb devices
adb push C:\recovery.img /data/local/
adb push C:\flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img
adb reboot

Shayind4

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010

regards,

Don't use the Vega Recovery boot app. After flashing recovery and rebooting 10s, open ROM manager and click on boot to recovery ( option 2).

Shayind4

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
Thnx Cor the reply i will try it tonight. Going for the wireless optioneel. Regards

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
Now i got. 2 of the samen USB cables i am going tot make 1 out of 2 should it work or should i go for wireless.

Regards

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
So far now flashing wireless recovery hope it worked..... it worked now have cwm ... happy me
q: can i install the cm7 rom?

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
So far now flashing wireless recovery hope it worked..... it worked now have cwm ... happy me
q: can i install the cm7 rom?

Good that you now have clockwork recovery. I am not sure you can install cm7 on 10s stock ROM. I am using advent vega 1.09 rom on my 10s, and i'd like to test any of the cm rom. You can try it if you know how to flash back to 10s stock ROM.

regards

Shayind4

Dademira

Mar 30, 2011
Well i tried to flash the rom and now im in bootloop...... i put the honycomb bootanimation because i like it an now its stuck in boot loop cannot get into recovery. I see the scating droid then it flashes 1 time then it goes in booyloop.

Dont know how to restore sinds i havent got an usb cable,,,,