Viewsonics 22 Inch Android ICS Tablet to Make Appearance in June

cereal_killer

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2011
22tab.jpg

In case you are thinking the title of this story is a typo, think again. Viewsonic is planning on introducing a 22" Android ICS tablet at the upcoming Computex conference in June. These tablets will be a new breed of “smart business tablet monitors” and they are expected to be running both Android and Windows 8 when introduced. We think a more apt name is Moblet (Monitor Tablet) since these dimensions are reaching monitor size and Viewsonic is well known in that market. No other specs or details are available at this time but from the looks of the picture it appears that the models will have some sort of kick-stand or base to allow them to be propped up when in use.

Way too large or definitely something to keep an eye on?

Via: AndroidCommunity

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Gonna need something like a car battery to power those things.
And someone's gonna ask for a 22 inch screen protector.
Lol.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
That is super big to carry, but would of course be awesome for presentations and such, not to mention multimedia.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
One could output hdmi from a tablet to a big hdtv to get the big-screen effect.
A very large touch screen makes it harder to do full-screen swipes, e.g. to view and dismiss notifications.

ttweed

May 12, 2012
I fail to see the utility of this product. I am, however, very interested in a powerful, fast, 10-12" tablet capable of dual-booting Android and Windows 8 at an affordable price.

TT

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
I think it would work well for business applications... perhaps. Especially if the other article about a possible Android version of Office is made available AND it's as good as the Windows version.

craigfry

Apr 17, 2012
Been waiting for the day when I can replace my desktop with a ... well ... desktop? I guess we don't have a proper term yet for a large-format tablet. "Desktop" could be too confusing. Maybe we should call them "drawing boards".

Natey2

May 25, 2012
The onscreen virtual keyboard will be huge! Maybe bigger than a regular keyboard.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Gotta try rooting it and installing the screenshot app. Then you have to shake this 22-inch tablet to get a screenshot. That'll give the user a good workout too, if they don't hurt themselves trying. Lol.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
That is super big to carry, but would of course be awesome for presentations and such, not to mention multimedia.

There are tablet cases and sleeves for 7 - 10 inch tablets.
This 22-inch tablet will need a tablet backpack. :)

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
These make very good sense in the business world. Replace all those aging PC's with these and save space, money, time, far less heat output than a conventional PC, etc...

These would be awesome for productivity at the workplace. They would be useless to carry. IT makes no sense to even try and make them battery powered. They belong on a desktop as a desktop replacement. Atleast something like this makes Windows 8 seem logical because there is nothing logical about Windows 8 on a conventional desktop. Making it dual boot with Android is just perfect.

I'd buy this in a second to get rid of my desktop.