Visa card protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchcool1

Aug 24, 2011
Hi all, i have a pin code app to access the android market so my son does not go wild but what about the free apps that we already have that pop up do you wish to buy?
My son could easily press OK.......Sure this has been mentioned before, what can i do and how the hell can they get away with this?

cheers Mitch..

P.S i would like to have to enter a pin code every time the visa is used.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
Dont you talk to the kid?
I remember when parents used to be parents.
Yes i survived two kids. Still have a teenager at home too.

Flame suit on ;)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Dont you talk to the kid?
I remember when parents used to be parents.
Yes i survived two kids. Still have a teenager at home too.

Flame suit on ;)

Well said.

If the kid is too young to understand the meaning of the word NO, then it's unlikely he would be old enough to turn on wifi.

mitchcool1

Aug 24, 2011
Erm thanks guys for the info on parenting skills , not really what i wanted....My kid is only 5 so like any 5 year old is just starting to read, so might accidentally press the purchase button...

Any one else have better suggestions for my above post ? I have the advanced app locker App, wondering if there is anything in there i can switch off?

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old and have many learning and writing apps for them but a lot of them are from developers who are from out of the country and can't offer paid apps so they only offer ad supported apps. Many times while watching them use the apps I have seen them open the ads. My 5 year old will complain and hand my tablet back to me but my 2 year old will instantly start pressing things to make it go away, monitoring them is not as easy as it may sound.

So, it's either a matter of not letting them have access to your tablet or having a way to prevent them from purchasing apps. Also, remember, some apps wont work unless you have a WIFI connection, so turning it off may not be an option either.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
apps wont work unless you have a WIFI connection, so turning it off may not be an option either.

Then get different apps. Your child has no business on line. Period.

Complain to Google in the market about ANY app designed for children that requires you to be on line.

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Then get different apps. Your child has no business on line. Period.

Wow Icebike I'm so impressed that you are taking over the parenting aspect for me, is there any other sage advice you would like to give out like limiting TV viewing to less than an hour a day and remember to eat your fruits and veggies?

Please keep YOUR OPINIONS as your own and keep to what you are known in this community for which is information related to tablets, Android, and specifically the A500.

mitchcool1

Aug 24, 2011
Well said Chi!! No need for judgmental parenting skills on here, just an answer to a basic question was all that was reqd..

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hey, YOU TWO guys ChiTryGuy and Mitchcool came here asking off-topic questions that had nothing to do with the ACER, and asking advice on how to keep you children from running up a credit card bill. You can't very well now go on the attack simply because people answered you.

The fact you are here looking for advice on how to manager your child's activities via some technical means rather than parental supervision clearly indicates a total misunderstanding of your role as a parent, but also a willingness to take advice from perfect strangers on this matter. Then you get all high an mighty when several posters point out the obvious? Whats up with that?

You were given a perfectly clear and concise solution. Turn off wifi.
If the game fails with wifi off, then you really need to evaluate why you are allowing a child to play that game.

If you don't need help, then don't post looking for solutions.

Last edited:

mitchcool1

Aug 24, 2011
Agree to disagree, your have wasted enough of my time you ****...What ever you post after this below i will not read. So don't waste your time to reply cuz there will be no more on this Thread from me that i will add... Kiss Kiss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.