Visual-Land Prestige 7 frequently freezes and/or crashes

Tazzin

Jun 27, 2012
Ok guys, Complete new to android but not new to technology. I'm trying to figure out a few things. My first inquiry is to figure out if ICS 4.0.3 is just Buggy and I should way for updates? Or should I return them due to true unit issues. Please note i have looked as much as I could across the forum for information but without much information to what I'm encountering. This may come down to waiting for 4.0.4 or 4.1 to come out to fix my issues but i'm hoping I can get more information about what to try from the more experienced guys in this forum.

Pre-Information:

I have 2 (mine and my wifes) of the same units of Prestige 7.

My first question is about the qwerty keyboard key sounds, on my unit I have click sounds basically only if I type fast or hit the backspace key.. The other Prestige appears to produce the sounds pretty normally per qwerty key touch.

My unit doesn't produce a turn On tone where as my wifes does.

My unit seems to have a tendency to crash or auto reboot on it's on more often than hers, although hers still does it.

The black bar on mine is double the height on home screen as it is when a application is open. Note, when app is open and clock bar is displayed it is set to normal height. Sometimes a shutdown and restart fixes it.

I have done a couple of factory resets but after a while (on average say a day or 2 of use) it falls back into the same issues as I load stuff back on it..

Unit information:

Model = VL-107
Android Version = 4.0.3
Baseband Version = 1.0
Kernal Version = 3.0.8+
Build Number = 86f5-d1-h1-mo1-1718.20120327

There are not available system updates as I check frequently

As I'm pretty new and naive to Android. I'm almost thinking that something in the OS is messed up and the system updates (when they are released) will fix it but again, thats only my assumption.

Anything else (if any steps exists) to try help this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Tazzin

Jun 27, 2012
Since no one has answered the above question... How about if I ask this... "Has anyone performed a ICS 4.0.3 clean re-install of this?" If so, can someone point to a set of directions to do this based on the information above?

Thanks
Tazzin

joeeee

Apr 13, 2012
Here is a link i found online for clean installing the 4.0.3 firmware, from what i gather in the post is that they should very soon have an updated 4.0.4 version available as well, so you may want to wait for that.

Tazzin

Jun 27, 2012
Hey joeeee, where is that link? ..... and yes, if nothing else I'll wait for the 4.0.4 but right now I'd like to get to reviewing on how to perform this clean install..

Thanks
Tazzin