Vizio 10" Tablet Awarded Best of CES 2013 by The Verge

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
BEST TABLET: VIZIO 10-INCH ANDROID TABLET

There was a fierce debate amongst the Verge staff when it came to best tablet — we were evenly divided between Panasonic’s 20-inch 4K Windows slate and Vizio’s 10-inch Android tablet. In the end, though, the Vizio was the winner: it’s one of the first Tegra 4 devices in the world, it has an outstanding 300dpi display that matches the Nexus 10, and it’s running stock Android. Oh, and it’s tremendously lightweight — both David Pierce and I were shocked when we held it. Vizio still has to release pricing and availability details, but the company says we’ll find out more in the coming months.

– Nilay Patel

The Verge Awards: the best of CES 2013 | The Verge

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I could still return my SG2 10.1, and would--if I could be confident Vizio was actually going to build the thing, this time, and it would be in my price range.

Jim

romiust

Apr 18, 2012
I'm kind of burned on Vizio, I bought mine refurbed. And it won't get past the boot screen a few months into my purchase. So even though I see that (once a gain Vizio tablet wins) the stuttering, lagginess of my vtab has turned me off for good.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I'm kind of burned on Vizio, I bought mine refurbed. And it won't get past the boot screen a few months into my purchase.
Have you talked to Vizio customer support? You might be pleasantly surprised. I know I have been.

So even though I see that (once a gain Vizio tablet wins) the stuttering, lagginess of my vtab has turned me off for good.
It has a single-core 1GHz processor. It wasn't even a speed-demon by the standards of the time it was brand new and still in production. It was meant to be a solid economy tablet, and that's what it was.

You want annoyance? Buy a Samsung tablet, have it mess up less than two weeks out of the box, discover it's due to Samsung's customizations to Android and that their developers had been informed of the bug three months past, get zero feedback on a resolution from Samsung, get zero help from Samsung's customer "service," finally see an update and find Samsung shoved it out the door with the bug remaining.

I'm hoping Vizio actually builds this tablet and that Costco carries it. If so, and the price is right: I'll be buying it.

Jim

romiust

Apr 18, 2012
I'll try calling support, thanks for the idea. I'm sure they are more engaging than Samsung. Don;t kn0w what they can really do for a tab that's refurbed and past warranty. Also, not too sure what they can do for the problem...but worth trying, otherwise I will just sell it for parts on ebay or craigslist

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Just purchased a Samsung Tab 2 10.1 for $289...and no problems so far
.Would have purchased the new Vizio if it had been available...oh well. Never had any issues with my Vtab either and wife is using it now. Overall just love the android format and hardly ever use my laptop.