Vizio 8" Tablet ~VS~ Acer Iconia A100

LoveJC03

Jan 11, 2012
If you absolutely had to pick one, which one would you pick & why? :confused:

~I like the Vizio's size & the 3 speakers but I don't like the fact that it is a 4gb, I like the simple look to it.. but I hear you can get Launcher Pro and it'll look like a cellphone's android, which I really like.
~I like the Acer because it has 8gb & 2 camera's, but I don't like the smaller size and don't really care for the acer features like the different screens for gaming and books & stuff.

They're both nice but I don't really know which one is really the better tablet. I really like the size of the Vizio, but if the Acer is a better overall tablet obviously I want the good one. I don't wanna regret not getting a bigger tablet though.. if both of the tablets are about the same as far as performance & features. I'm stuck.

Last edited:

ronk1030

Dec 31, 2011
This is what I did. I bought the Vtab and a Arnova 10 inch. I played with both of them for a week. I found out that I was picking up the Vizio more than the Arnova. A big decision was the Vizio had a better screen response. I have until January 14th to return the Vizio.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good idea to buy both if you can. It is a tough choice between the two and they have very different pros and cons. It is like trying to decide between a Corvette and a Hummer.

LoveJC03

Jan 11, 2012
I think made up my mind, I'm going with the Acer A100 :D Went to Best Buy today and they had the Acer A500 on display and I played around with it..I really liked that one. The A100 should have about the same features. I played with some of the 7'' tablets and the size of them are more comfortable for my small hands. I do love the Vizio.. but the 4gb(2gb) memory is a dealbreaker.

I also thought about getting the 16gb Blackberry Playbook.. until I saw it didn't have Android.

Next month I will be getting the Acer for hopefully around $250.. I'm SO excited!! :)

Last edited:

ronk1030

Dec 31, 2011
Congrats on your new tablet. When I bought the Vizio, I had 15 days to return. The 14th was the last day to return it. In those 15 days, I stilled looked for a faster, better, and about the same price tablet. I'm glad that I kept it. Tablets are like computers, tomorrow, you could get one faster, and cheaper. I use my tablet every day, and I'm trying to use it instead of the laptop. Good luck with it :)