vizio at costco

viziovtab

Nov 21, 2011
i just purchased a tablet at costco for 189 is this a good deal? will i find better deals during black friday? i do not trust coby/velocity/ or those lesser known brands. please advice. I do not plan on standing outside a store at 3 am to find out they only had 5 in stock for the sale....

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
You are good, I have not seen anything crazy pricewise for a tablet and like you said if there was you would probably be standing outside at 3am. For the price (I also go mine at Costco) I don't think it can be beat and I have had mine for about 2 months now and still loving it.

Nov 6, 2011
Costco has the best price. Not many retailers sell the Vizio. Walmart wants $199. BJ's was also $189 but they no longer have the Vizio.

Rawkfist

Nov 14, 2011
i just purchased a tablet at costco for 189 is this a good deal? will i find better deals during black friday? i do not trust coby/velocity/ or those lesser known brands. please advice. I do not plan on standing outside a store at 3 am to find out they only had 5 in stock for the sale....

You got a good deal. I ordered mine online because the local Costco was sold out in a matter of days. They were about $239 a few months ago. I heard when they first came out they were $299. So I think $189 is a pretty sweet deal. Plus you get the two year warranty from Costco. I think it's a really good tablet. Coby is junk, and velocity can't do as much as the Vizio.

mgm1979

Nov 23, 2011
Walmart will price match

But why go to Wal-Mart when you get an extra 60-day return policy, no questions asked, via Costco? (even if you order online...)

I've been contemplating this purchase as well ($189+tax), and think I've managed to convince myself to give it a shot...it will be a gift from Santa for our 9yo son, who's becoming somewhat of a gadget geek like his parents...I'm not entirely convinced he's ready, or needs one, yet, but I figure about a month of me playing with it, and trying to figure out parental control options will help me decide.

bill2

Nov 17, 2011
I've been contemplating this purchase as well ($189+tax), and think I've managed to convince myself to give it a shot...it will be a gift from Santa for our 9yo son, who's becoming somewhat of a gadget geek like his parents...I'm not entirely convinced he's ready, or needs one, yet, but I figure about a month of me playing with it, and trying to figure out parental control options will help me decide.

You may want to check out the Famigo Sandbox app. It's a free app which allows you to childproof your android device.
https://market.android.com/details?...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5mYW1pZ28uc2FuZGJveCJd

I was thinking about installing it tomorrow when my nieces come over. If I do I will report back.

viziovtab

Nov 21, 2011
I heard that costo doubles the man. warranties on computers and was excited about it till I read my receipt...IT reads (exept for tablets) I'm disappointed......

viziovtab

Nov 21, 2011
well, i found a dell streak 7 (wifi) at bb for 157 and purchased one. now i need to return one but not sure which one. on the vizio side, it looks awesome and very well built but with a single core processor and 4 gigs of memory not to mention a bigger and higher resolution screen. On the dell side its 7 inches lower resolution but has a the tegra dual core and 16 gigs and comes with gorilla glass. my son will be watching movies/netflix/games and i'll probably be checking my email and the likes. which one do you think is a better choice?