Vizio Browser?

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I finally got the stock browser to work and deleted foxfire. It looks to me that this is a chrome lite browser, since it asks you to syn with your other chrome browsers. Anyone using a browser other than the stock?

Anyone know an ad block for it? I tried the Free Android Ad Block and could not figure out how to download the easy list files.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Ad blocking will need your device to be rooted as the hosts file needs to be replaced. So for honeycomb devices no adblock except firefox adblock plus plugin.

--------------------------
tapatalked from Galaxy S

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is there a reason to try and use the stock browser over another browser (like the firefox you had)? It is just the generic Android browser which leaves a lot to be desired. There are many good alternatives on the market. Personally I like Dolphin browser.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Thanks, I'll try it. I had Foxfire loaded my adblocker and worked great, but I think the adblocker was the reason I could not get the damn Flash to work.

I am a little afraid to start messing with it again, ha ha. Does flash work with Dolphin? Anyone tried Chrome. My sons love it on their computers.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Flash works in Dolphin. Chrome is still in its early stages and probably won't work but it is worth trying. Someday it will be nice but for now there are others that are better. A forum search will list plenty of suggestions for browsers.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I downloaded Dolphin HD, and a bunch of add ons. It takes forever to load cnn and never did run the video, I did hear the video. Flash is working, I downloaded the CNN app, boo, and it's video played just fine when not going through the browser. How do you clear the browser cache? I went to manage apps, is their some easier way?

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
By the way Doc to go, full version, is on sale for $4.99 instead of $29.95.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are youtube videos to help with Dolphin and its features. There is a lot it can do. I actually use Dolphin Mini and it is real easy to clear the cache. HD is probably similar. use the menu button, go into tool box then Data Cleaner or settings and choose what you want to clear, history, cache, cookies...

I think on Dolphin HD you can also access all kinds of cool features by dragging from the left or right of the screen and having side menus pop up with all kinds of things. Also try setting the user agent to Desktop to get full websites.

JP

rcalegre_17

Feb 18, 2012
I finally got the stock browser to work and deleted foxfire. It looks to me that this is a chrome lite browser, since it asks you to syn with your other chrome browsers. Anyone using a browser other than the stock?

Anyone know an ad block for it? I tried the Free Android Ad Block and could not figure out how to download the easy list files.

Hi,

Just want to know how did you made the stock/default browser to work? I'm always getting error when I'm trying to use it. That's why I'm using Dolphin HD as my alternative browser, however I couldn't play any video (e.g. youtube) from this browser.

Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The youtube app generally works better than youtube from the website. Make sure you have the latest Flash installed for Flash videos to work on the web.

If you are using Dolphin there is no need to use the stock browser since it isn't as nice. If you want to use it try going to settings>apps> and then wiping the cache of the stock browser app to see if it will then launch.

Anurias

Mar 25, 2012
I downloaded the adobe flash player 11.1 apk for android from 4share and ran it on my vtab, it looked like it installed just fine, but no flash videos or programs run on the default browser. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be, or how to fix this?

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I downloaded the adobe flash player 11.1 apk for android from 4share and ran it on my vtab, it looked like it installed just fine, but no flash videos or programs run on the default browser. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be, or how to fix this?

See my thread on this very same subject. You are going to have to delete 11.1 it simply won't work on the VTAB. Someone said that had it working, I doubt it. Vizio told me it doesn't work, not that that means anything. 10.3 is in the system. I deleted it to get 11.1 to install, didn't make any difference, it is still there. Just give up and accept that 11.1 isn't going to work. I wanted it for sirius XM, but it is not to be.

szej3860

Nov 22, 2011
I have Dolphin HD. Both (Dolphin and stock browser) work for me and I would give the nod to the stock Browser when it comes to general searching/browsing speed. Maybe because I am using Dolphin HD instead of Dolphin Mini. But what I am having trouble with ever since the Honeycomb update is streaming video from the web. No problem in apps (youtube, hulu, etc). But in the browser (either of them), either the video "cannot be displayed on this device" or the video is very choppy. I have flash 11 sideloaded. Before the update, the streaming was great. Suggestions?

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
See my thread on this very same subject. You are going to have to delete 11.1 it simply won't work on the VTAB. Someone said that had it working, I doubt it. Vizio told me it doesn't work, not that that means anything. 10.3 is in the system. I deleted it to get 11.1 to install, didn't make any difference, it is still there. Just give up and accept that 11.1 isn't going to work. I wanted it for sirius XM, but it is not to be.

dude 11.1 works fine. i installed it as did my wife. angry birds wouldnt work without it. stop spreading lies.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
dude 11.1 works fine. i installed it as did my wife. angry birds wouldnt work without it. stop spreading lies.

OK so show me some instructions. I got it to show up, but it would not install. Thanks in advance, I have already pissed away about three hours on this so, please be very specific.