Vizio Gorilla Glass

LadyAngler

Nov 16, 2011
So this morning I was wondering if the V-Tab had Gorilla Glass. A web search still did not supply definitive answer. So I contacted Vizio support by email.

Me: Is the Vtab manufactured from Gorilla Glass or some other type of enhanced/reinforced glass?

Vizio:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you with your concern. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.

The glass used in the tablet is Gorilla Glass.

If you need any additional assistance feel free to contact VIZIO at 1-888-849-4623 or chat with us at chat.vizio.com

Thanks and have a great day!

Randal Wigton VIZIO -The Home of Entertainment Freedom for All 800 Stevens Port Drive Suite DD750 Dakota Dunes SD 57049 Phone 877-878-4946 visit us: www.vizio.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/vizio Twitter : www.twitter.com/viziotv

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
No way unless gorilla glass scratches just by looking at it. I have 3 scratches on mine already and its never been out of the case. No idea where they came from. I thought gorilla glass was scratch resistant.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
No way unless gorilla glass scratches just by looking at it. I have 3 scratches on mine already and its never been out of the case. No idea where they came from. I thought gorilla glass was scratch resistant.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

I purchased a screen protector from Amazon and it is really nice. It eliminates all the fingerprints and cuts down on glare. However, it also cuts down slightly on brightness and clarity. But overall, I highly recommend it.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
I went to Gorilla Glass web page and they have a section where they list the different products Gorilla Glass is on and I don't see Vizio any where, under tablets or any other devices.

shortstone

Nov 8, 2011
'Corning® Gorilla® Glass is used by more than 30 major brands, has been designed into more than 500 product models, and is featured on more than 400 million devices worldwide. Due to customer agreements, we cannot identify all devices that feature Gorilla Glass. Your favorite device may include Gorilla Glass, even if you don’t see it listed. Ask your manufacturer or retailer to learn more.'

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Well.......Droid_dude which screen protector on Amazon did you get? How much was it? Details please.

Sorry about that....I bought this one:

Amazon.com: POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet 8": Electronics
[h=1]POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet 8"[/h]
Not that cheap ($13.79 total) but in my opinion, a good product from a good vendor. If you get it, make sure that you wipe your screen beforehand to remove any fingerprints and dust particles. Also, you need to rub out the air bubbles but eventually (after a few hours) all the bubbles disappeared for me. The included instructions cover all of this. Good luck!

LadyAngler

Nov 16, 2011
+ 1 on the above screen protector. I hate fingerprints. That screen protector has the best reviews I could find on the few that are available for the Vizio.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
The only time you actually see the fingerprints, as a rule, is when the tablet's off. I don't care to deal with screen protector stuff, so I live with it.

Tell ya what takes those fingerprints and everything else off, better than anything else, tho: A microfiber cloth. My wife took a full-size one, cut it up into six pieces, and finished the cut edges. Now, if they only made microfiber cloths in designer black... :p

Jim

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Oh my apologies Shortstone I did not see that, thank you for showing that to me.
And Droid_dude thank you for the info on the screen protector and LadyAngler for the confirmation.

Gweevis

Oct 21, 2011
Sorry about that....I bought this one:

Amazon.com: POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet 8": Electronics
[h=1]POSRUS Antiglare Antifingerprint Screen Protector for Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet 8"[/h]
Not that cheap ($13.79 total) but in my opinion, a good product from a good vendor. If you get it, make sure that you wipe your screen beforehand to remove any fingerprints and dust particles. Also, you need to rub out the air bubbles but eventually (after a few hours) all the bubbles disappeared for me. The included instructions cover all of this. Good luck!

I just ordered one.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
I bought a couple of "screen protectors" and had no luck applying them as they all came out with bubbles - this was true even of the one that came with the accessory kit that I bought at Sams Club -

I finally ordered one from Stealth Shieldz on fleabay. What lured me was their money back guarantee. I think I paid about $10.00 for two and they claim that their protectors meet military specs. blah blah blah. I followed the directions and still have their screen protector on - i no longer have issues with fingerprints and have no bubbles and the screen protector feels like a thin piece of "rubber" for lack of a better description. The quality of the image is barely altered and I am very happy with their product.

Just throwing another option out there.

Also - just did a check and the price has gone down it is now only $6.44 for two with free shipping - heck of a deal.. :)