Vizio Honeycomb update

stevepike

Mar 14, 2012
Has anyone tried transfering data from your computer to the vizio tablet via the usb cable since the honeycomb updat? When I tried the tablet was not recognized.

BailableOdin

Mar 14, 2012
USB mass storage isnt recognized anymore... I even did live chat with vizio support and she dint know what i was talking about... You can try to use pdanet to install drivers for it It may work.

Slippery

Oct 21, 2011
Recieved the vizio tablet update today when I turned on my tablet ,it took about 15min. in all works great!!!! alot faster THANKS VIZIO great job about time

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good to know that the update is generally an improvement and people are happy with it. Good step in the right direction Vizio :)

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
What is the point of updating if they're removing features like mass storage? The whole point of android is to be a open system. If I wanted to be limited on a bunch of things I can't do, I would go buy apple products.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What is the point of updating if they're removing features like mass storage? The whole point of android is to be a open system. If I wanted to be limited on a bunch of things I can't do, I would go buy apple products.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Let's not jump the gun. Are you sure you can't use mass storage or just haven't figured it out yet? I suspect there is a way to see the internal partitions via usb. Additionally there are wireless solutions which should get you the ability to move files back and forth without a usb (ES File Ex, Astro, Samba and Dropbox to name a few).

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
For me, Window Vista installed a new device driver.

VTAB showed up as VTAB1008 on one of the Removable Disk for me in Explorer. Under the VTAB1008 there lists two drives "Onboard Storage" and "SD Card". The "SD Card" drive is the external SD Card!!

BailableOdin

Mar 14, 2012
I can navigate to sd card just fine on my Vtab, but cannot access it on my pc. I've tried two different pc's one with Vista Business and the other with Win 7 Ulitimate 64. Still a no go!

RandyB

Dec 7, 2011
You may also want to check out an app called Software Data Cable, it's basically a FTP server that runs on your tablet. You can access your tablet from your computer without having to plug it in.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
On my HP Omni 220 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit I didn't have to do anything the Vtab automatically downloaded the drivers the first time I plugged it in after I updated to honeycomb. To see my files I went to( my computer). Once there I see Vtab 1008 Media Player when I click the Vtab my SD Card shows up with all its content and how much room I have left. I then can move files back and forth from the Vtab and my computer with no problems. I just added another 30 or so photos with no problems what so ever after the Honey Comb update.

Here's a link to Vizio's website, once there click support and there is a link to Android drivers for Windows.

http://www.vizio.com/accessories/vtab1008.html

I included the drivers part because of another post, but I am sure most if not all of you have uploaded the drivers.

Jim

Last edited:

mgm1979

Nov 23, 2011
Anyone have any issues with the thing going into a reboot loop after the upgrade? What do I do to get it to recover?

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Do NOT do the upgrade. It totally bricked my unit. I am so pissed. Five hours to restore stuff. DO NOT DO THE UPGRADE.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Well we are all screwed, this update is worthless, do NOT do it. It does not see data on SD card it does nothing that I can tell but screw up your stuff and make the icons small.

Thanks a lot Vizio.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Actually, my computer is reading everything correctly. At least like it did before.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet