Vizio Honeycomb update

sureshot8

Nov 29, 2011
I can navigate to sd card just fine on my Vtab, but cannot access it on my pc. I've tried two different pc's one with Vista Business and the other with Win 7 Ulitimate 64. Still a no go!

With XP I can read both SD card and the onboard memory without a problem and I can still operate the tablet without a problem. I don't have to turn the sd card on for the computer to read it like before.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
This update sucks. Don't do it. After you do you will not see any of your backup on your card. It is faster, but it is not worth the hassle. I wish I could go back, it sucks.

n3vik

Mar 17, 2012
I had the same problem, it seeded to be caused by the vtl launcher. You can boot into safe mode by holding the down volume button while powering up and the keep holding the v-down button as it's booting. in settings I went to manage apps and removed vtl launcher. If you can get into safe mode maybe you can find what's causing your problem and fix it.

That was it! Thanks! You're a live saver! (Except it was the ADW.Launcher in my case)

Fandroid

Mar 18, 2012
Greetings all, this is my first post. I have recently updated to Honeycomb and noticed that my total memory (used and unused) ram is now 339.91 MB instead of the 512 MB.

wlellis

Dec 23, 2011
To get your updated Vizio VTAB1008 working with your PC's USB port, use the following technique to manually add a device driver:

I posted this summary of a chat session I had with William, a Vizio tech earlier...
>Plug in the tablet to the USB port on your computer and the micro USB port on the tablet.
>On your computer, Click on START, then on COMPUTER
>Click on SYSTEM PROPERTIES
>Click on Device Manager
>You should see the following: Other Devices VTAB1008
>Double click on VTAB1008 with the yellow exclamation point. The box below will pop up
>Click on Update Driver
>Next click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
>Next, click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
>Scroll down on the left window until you get to Portable Devices, highlight it and click next.
>Click once on Standard MTP Device and the right window will populate. Next click on MTP USB Device and click on NEXT (MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol)
>Click YES to the Update Driver Warning
>When completed, you will be told that Windows has successfully updated the driver.
>Click on Close and you should be returned to Device Manager and now the VTAB1008 will appear under Portable Devices.
>Your computer will likely now pop up with a new drive detected, just as it would if you plugged in a USB Flash drive. Click on “Open device to view files”

It works with Windows 7. With Windows Vista I had to mess around with some of the other MTP devices in the list, but finally found one that would work..

Last edited:

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Hey thanks wlellis

Can not agree with Kemper. This is an upgrade improvement that Visio, did not try to extract $ from us! Instead of saying something sucks, give a reason.

The reasons why 3.2 Honeycomb is good for us, the faithful users :
It is an OS for tablets, not phones
It is free
The users' manual is better
Response time is fine, better with my Google applications
We clamored for it
It's refreshing to know that V is working/thinking for/of us
It's better than that stinking Fire
Don't have to get N gear
The Press has moved their 8 reasons to own this tablet, up to 16
Why cough-up $600+ for an iPad 3
Love the GPS
And the IR, on the TV's DVD's, even in the car!

I like this thing, and will enjoy being a user for the next year's!!!

Last edited: