Vizio owners: future OTA want list

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
I know there are features you want to see improved and apps you want made available post here.

I'll start.

I'm wondering if battery life and charging time can be improved through updates. is the charge rate a limitation of the 2amp charger? maybe the concern is a faster charge rate significantly reduces battery life.
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Sep 2, 2011
Facebook, skype, bluetooth mice/keyboard support. Basically anything that the new phones can do (aka my photon). This should be able to

pschatzy

Sep 2, 2011
Video Chat definitely. The lack of it can be considered to be false or deceptive advertising.

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
1. Ability to turn down the TV volume while cable box is selected on the Remote App.

2. Google Body (Taking A&P this semester)

3. Facebook

4. Video Chat

Kent2424

Sep 3, 2011
Actually you can get facebook interface by using "friend caster".

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Mount the external sd card at /sdcard so that apps will use it by default.

True wallpaper support for those who use an alternate launcher.

Icons displaying in the status area for apps/widgets

If they insist on their custom UI, allow the "home screen" to be swiped sideways to move through the categories.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
1. Ability to turn down the TV volume while cable box is selected on the Remote App.

I don't have it in front of me but if I remember correctly, while in the remote app, press the menu button and there is a place in the settings to control which volume controller is used in the remote you are currently in.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Here's my list:

OTA Update (in order or priority)
1) Fix the SDCard 2GB limitation (see other discussion thread)
2) Update the Bluetooth so that it can connect to bluetooth keyboards
3) Update the firmware to allow video chat (e.g. Skype)

Please note to other VTAB users: If you don't like the built-in VTAB homescreen/Custom UI, I suggest you install LauncherPro or Zeam Launcher. Both are great alternatives and seem to make the device run faster.

I also like Widgetsoid and Fancy Widget for the homescreen.

dlucero7

Sep 26, 2011
Order of priority
1. Fix SD card mounting location as mentioned in multiple threads
2. Introduce the option to create macros for common tasks within the Remote App
3. Add the ability to have IR-code learning functionality to Remote App
4. Add in Bluetooth keyboard functionality
5. Ability to convert handwritten text to typed text using finger or stylus (would love this for taking short-hand notes)
6. Allow native Android notification bar swipe as in all other Android devices

That's all I can think of for now...

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Just sent this to Vizio:

When are you going to address the issue of being able to truly load apps to the external SD card? Not the virtual SD but the one the user adds to the tablet.
And I do love the tablet and it works great but I will run out of room on the tablet memory soon.
Please do something to correct this this major problem in an otherwise great product!

Maybe one more request will make a difference..who knows?

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I think the wishlist covers the most important items. I'm sure new ones will manifest as time progresses. But, I think we are lacking visibility and a larger voice that we need in order to convince Vizio the list is substantial enough for them to take action (unless they are actually developing fixes that address the wishlist). I've been impressed with the positive reaction to previous issues.

How does everyone feel about organizing a Facebook page dedicated to presenting a running tab of wishlist items that vtab owners contribute and maintain? Vizio is very active on Facebook. Maybe its what we need to generate awareness and response from Vizio.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Sora72 I think your on to something. If they have the list of request on fb maybe They'll see it and respoond faster to our request. At the top of the list should be the sd card issue.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
I think the wishlist covers the most important items. I'm sure new ones will manifest as time progresses. But, I think we are lacking visibility and a larger voice that we need in order to convince Vizio the list is substantial enough for them to take action (unless they are actually developing fixes that address the wishlist). I've been impressed with the positive reaction to previous issues.

How does everyone feel about organizing a Facebook page dedicated to presenting a running tab of wishlist items that vtab owners contribute and maintain? Vizio is very active on Facebook. Maybe its what we need to generate awareness and response from Vizio.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Anything that can help improve and/or advance the development of the VTAB, count me in.....