Vizio Repair call

b33tl3

Nov 26, 2011
Yesterday my Vizio decided not to turn on again after being on the charger for a few hours. The "hard boot" didn't work either I just get a quick flash from the buttons.

Called Vizio and the picked up in under a minute. It was nice to talk to someone in the US and they even give you their name and badge ID right off the bat.

To do the repair they required a picture of the front of the tablet, USB jack and headphone jack. The do this before opening a case because they don't cover dammage from dropping.

I submitted the pic online and got a call back in about 30 minutes with return instructions.

To do an advanced return you need the serial # or copy of the recept for the device. The serial number is only available in the setting menu or on the box. I hope I can find my box. They also put a hold on your card for what you paid for the device. This was odd she asked what I paid then used that as the hold amount incase I didn't return the broken unit.

Turnaround is 7-9 working days for the replacement to arrive. This is very slow but maybe it will arrive earlier.

She also offered an extended warranty for 2 more years for $18.99. You just have to buy it before your original 1 year is up.

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Just got my replacement tab back from Vizio. My issue was thecharging portwas becoming loose and difficult to get to charge. Sent in pictures and they had me send it in. I Didn't have enough to have them send a unit right out, so I had to wait. From South Carolina to Los Angeles via USPS Priority took 3 days, took them 3 days to recieve it into their system then 4 days to ship out. Return trip via UPS took 4 days arriving 1 day earlier than estimated - so all told 14 day turn around could have been faster. Vizio telephone support was top notch, always quick pleasant and helpful! 5 STARS!!! I would buy a Vizio product again without hesitation!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not too bad considering this tablet is dead in the water and the inventory is probably close to a year old with supplies depleting. Fortunately it sounds like the have enough stock to still repair/replace which is always a good thing.

chicobiker

Nov 10, 2011
I just received my replacement today. From the serial number it appears to be just over 5900 units newer than mine. It had a -B at the end of both the model number and part number on the box it came in. Mine failed for the same "loose charging port" and I asked the Vizio rep if they were aware that it was a big problem. She said they were more than aware and that they had fixed the charging port issue. In looking at it you can't really tell much but I hope that -B means they actually upgraded the hardware in these newer builds. Time will tell.

1buda

Sep 27, 2011
Anybody have the phone number for Vizio? My micro usb port is loose and won't charge.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I had a problem with one of their LCD tv's They were very helpful on the phone and had my replacement TV here in three days and picked up the old at the same time. Plus they gave me a extra year warranty for parts.

Soniamahamud

Jan 9, 2013
Thank you for posting here. I just called Vizio and they said they will send me a replacement. They will place a hold on my card for $139 until they receive mine and then they will issue a reimbursement. It was all because I read it here. :) I was already shopping around for places that do repairs. My problem was the charging port. They said the new ones are reinforced and should not have the same problem. I am really surprised at their customer service, not to mentioned ecstatic that I'm getting a new one. I got mine at Costco last year and that's all I had to tell them. They immediately offered me a replacement. Loved their service just like Costco!

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I am really surprised at their customer service, not to mentioned ecstatic that I'm getting a new one. I got mine at Costco last year and that's all I had to tell them. They immediately offered me a replacement. Loved their service just like Costco!
Vizio, like Costco and Amazon, put a very high priority on customer service. They are the diametric opposite of a company like Samsung, who has an absolutely horrible customer service record.

Our current (main) TV is a Samsung. Our next TV is probably going to be a Vizio.

I surely wish Vizio would get a 10" tablet out the door. Preferably sold at Costco.

Jim