Vizio Tablet accessories

mburwen

Mar 1, 2012
I have paired a Microsoft Bt mouse & it worked, but with an irritating lag.
Not worth the trouble, IMHO.
Seems like had to be told to reconnect everytime the vtab went to sleep/power saver mode.

Did you use the mouse after the Honeycomb upgrade or before?

I find no lag using the keyboard, but I do have to reconnect every time after sleep mode. Not much of a problem with the keyboard, but with the mouse, it could be a pain as you suggest.

dun4cheap

Mar 14, 2012
So over the weekend I mounted the tablet inn my truck. Went pretty well no permanent damage or modifications needed. The vtab synced to my moto roadmaster and rf modulator is working good and in tandem with my droid razr maxxx. i will attach some pics later.

dun4cheap

Mar 14, 2012
$ForumRunner_20120401_210529.png

$ForumRunner_20120401_210545.png

$ForumRunner_20120401_210554.png

$ForumRunner_20120401_210602.png

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
dun4cheap said:
So over the weekend I mounted the tablet inn my truck. Went pretty well no permanent damage or modifications needed. The vtab synced to my moto roadmaster and rf modulator is working good and in tandem with my droid razr maxxx. i will attach some pics later.

That's good to know. I recently sold my vtab cause its little issues. I switched over to a Toshiba thrive. I was wondering how much bigger that mount will open? Hoping my thrive will fit cause I too ordered one from staples the other day. I took free shipping to the store. Figured for $12 it was worth a shot. I'll like your post when I get to my pc. The pics are a big help. It looks like a pretty sturdy mount for a suction cup style.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Picked up a stylus at a a kiosk at the airport (yeah,I know I paid too much for it!) but I really like using it and it sure keeps the srceen cleaner.

dun4cheap

Mar 14, 2012
That's good to know. I recently sold my vtab cause its little issues. I switched over to a Toshiba thrive. I was wondering how much bigger that mount will open? Hoping my thrive will fit cause I too ordered one from staples the other day. I took free shipping to the store. Figured for $12 it was worth a shot. I'll like your post when I get to my pc. The pics are a big help. It looks like a pretty sturdy mount for a suction cup style.

It opens up pretty wide, it won't open wide enough for say a 10.1" vertically, but it will hold it width wise and tight enough where you can rotate it 360.

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
mburwen said:
Did you use the mouse after the Honeycomb upgrade or before?

I find no lag using the keyboard, but I do have to reconnect every time after sleep mode. Not much of a problem with the keyboard, but with the mouse, it could be a pain as you suggest.

It was after. I never tried with Gingerbread. I'm more interested in a keyboard and didn't like the way others made it sound. Too much hassle having to get a third party app to make it work & no real good process established. Now that we have HC with built in Bluetooth hid support I'd like a keyboard, but the Logitech android kb costs too much for me to get right now.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
Unfortunately, the price is now $29.95. Also, windshield attachments are against the law in California.

Ca has the stupid bs laws. How are you supposed to mount the little gps units? They all come with a windshield mount. I'm loving my new mount. I've had it a week now. Its very stable. I did take a piece of 3/4" hose to take out the little bit of wobble. I paid about $25 for a mount from amazon that mounted it to a front seat bolt. They said it was for 7-10" tablets. At the time I had a vizio 8" vtab. Yup, it didn't fit. It barely fit my htc evo phone. Sad because it's only a 4.3" phone. Amazon is really good to buy from though, they sent me a return prepaid label. The siig windshield mount only cost me $12 through staples with their sale shipped to their local store. Even at $29.99 its really worth the money. I've seen it as high as $50. Knowing what I do now about it, i'd still pay the $50 prob. I am using it with my 10" toshiba thrive for internet (tethered to my phone) gps and my torque app.

tabletmount.jpg

tablet2.jpg

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: